十五 ❛ 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐅𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐑 ❜

WE ARE BAACCKK~~THE FAMILIAR voice cooed from across the hefty property belonging to the Kai–Chiba household. the elderly woman who was happened to water the flowers at the mini terrace smiled fondly upon seeing the sight of her grandchildren getting closer .

“you guys came back earlier than i expected ! did you find what i told you to buy ?” Samuru nodded while motioning towards the plastic bags in both his and Yuriko’s hands . “yup , i’ll bring it inside . don’t worry”

“carry mine too” Yuriko shove hers in her brother’s grip , earning a look from the eldest Kai sibling .

“Asami , you need to stop bullying your brother like that” their grandmother lightly scolded her .

the 17 years old teenager dismissed it by stretching herself . a pleased sigh escaped her lips as her focus is now on her grandma──  “anyway , where’s grandpa ?”

“he’s at the backyard as usual .”

“oi jiji”

“hmm ? oh you're back . where’s Samuru ?”

“probably with grandma inside the kitchen”

her grandfather snort at the answer . “as usual”

he continue to hone his rapier while humming a low tune to himself . Yuriko sit on the green grass beside him ; just relishing the peaceful atmosphere .

“where’s Ryou , Tokio and Miki ?”

“they’re hanging out somewhere . ya know , teens these days” Yuriko snort .

“im guessing Youta is at the bike shop?” the elderly man nodded his head in confirmation . before Yuriko uttered the next question , she steadily swallow the lump inside her throat .

“Daiki and Minami haven’t come back huh ?”

the man was quiet at first . “yes”

she knew that this will be the answer . same question and same answer every day . Yuriko didn’t know where to begin when it comes to describing the relationship between Daiki and the foreign boy . she look at the shady tree where the Nakazawa twin and her would play chess when they’re young ── all forfeited because of grief , anger , distress , vengeance and greed for power .

everything went downhill after Kai Taji died .

the second demise that impacted the whole family to the core was the death of Nakazawa Daichi ── who died during a robbery assault , under the sky that was garnished with white snow , December 24th , 1977 .

Daiki went bestial and was devoted wholeheartedly to fulfilling his twin goal──which is to become “The King” or number one . Minami was on the same page but instead , his greed for more superiority made him lose his senses . he took Taji’s attainments in the delinquent world as an ideal , and now he sees Daichi as his rival .