六十二 the one that got away

YEAR 2018

YEAR 2018

THE RING OF A WEDDING bell coils in and out of his ears as the hymn of applause echoes inside the enormous building , snapping him back into his senses . Takemichi panics and rushes out of the bathroom where he finds Hina , who admonishes him for being late . upon seeing her alive , his eyes well up with tears , as Hina drags him to the reception . "the wedding reception has started ! we cant make the groom wait any longer , can we ?!"

irritated even more by his confused expression , Hina reminds him that today is Haruki Hayashida's wedding ceremony . still disoriented and processing the situation , Takemichi finally realizes he is attending Pah-chin's wedding . arriving inside the huge and beautifully decorated hall , his eyes begin to roam around almost at everything and everyone he sees .

this is it . this is the future he had been fighting for so long .

he look around and instantly recognizes Peh-Yan , Mitsuya , Hakkai , Yuzuha , the Kawata twins , Draken , Chifuyu , Inupi and even Kazutora . seeing them alive and happy provoked Takemichi to cries in joy . Draken immediately turns at him and chuckle at how lame he looks like , "still a crybaby i see . . ."

Takemichi replies with a chuckle while wiping his endless tears with the sleeve of his tuxedo . he remembers the day he vowed to himself that he will save Hina , the same day he witnessed her murder ── body scorching to crisp amongst the raging fire .

"OII PAH-CIN !! just cut the cake damnit ! im hungry" Baji exclaimed from his seat causing Peh Yan to bonk his head . "today is about Pah-Chin !!! so shut up and wait !!"

"Peh Yan i will beat your ass !"
"TRY AND I'LL CUT YOUR HAIR WITH THIS FORK"

Takemichi chuckle awkwardly to himself as he witnessed the small debate . 'they never change'

"you guys are loud" a deep voice shut everyone up . Takemichi slowly turned his head toward the direction and was rather bewildered to see Izana sitting beside Draken and Inui ─ implying that they are buddy-buddy now .

"I-Izana-kun ?!"

Izana look at him with a smile , "someone drugged you ? you look confused as hell . . . Takemichi ."

Izana is here . but where is Kakucho ? Shion ? the Haitani siblings ? and now that Takemichi realised something else , he begin to wonder where is Kokonoi too .

the time-leaper was indeed overjoyed , to the point that he hugs Naoto , exclaiming happily over and over again . he stands calmly as he watches the jovial scene in front of his eyes .

thoughts begin to pile up inside his head as various memories from the past flashed before his own eyes ─ before Takemichi could realise his senses . finally , he acknowledges that he overlooked something important .

and so , he turned towards Chifuyu and Draken while voicing out a question── "where's Mikey and Yuriko ?"

"Mikey is currently managing a restaurant overseas ." Draken answered with an optimistic smile . "yeah , Mikey restaurant is a huge success ! also . . . who's Yuriko ?" Chifuyu ask with a questioning look on his face , which stunned the living out of Takemichi instantly . Takemichi give him a worried look at first but then begin to chuckle nervously , "hey Chifuyu , stop playing around !"