二十四 missing piece

❝ TAKEMICHI ? ❞

“what is it , Chifuyu ?”

“where’s Yuriko-san ?”

         Takemichi smirk and wiggle his eyebrows── “ohh ? someone got a crush already ?”

        Chifuyu face turn red as tomato while he keep denying what his friend has said . Takemichi laugh at that . “almost everyone is attracted to Yuriko-san huh . .”

         “huh ? you say something ?”

          “ah- nothing ! anyway, she said that she’s going somewhere in Shibuya . i already explained to her about our plan to save Baji-kun by the way .” Chifuyu sigh── “thats a relief . im glad someone as strong as her is on our side .”

           “strong ?”

           “i mean , her capability of thinking ?”

          Takemichi gasp in realization , “you’re right !-”

somewhere . . .

        ‘the weather is sure hot today’ Yuriko thought . as usual , she tied her hair up in ponytail so that the light breeze didnt brush it all over the place .

          after she park her ZX-10R not so far from the cemetery , she amble passed the strangers graves while carrying a basket that contains dango and orchid flowers in it . palm trees swayed gently in the breeze of the warm tropical sunshine which made Yuriko smile to herself . “i remember . . . you like sunshine right , ’Achi ?”

          she calmly take a sit in front of a familiar grave while humming a tone that he always sing for her . “sorry i couldnt visit you yesterday . .”

         she apologize while placing down the orchids on the grave . “i hope you dont mind that i came a little bit late . by the way , i brought dango for you .”

         she continue to talk and describe her day as if there’s someone listening to her . seconds turned to minutes and minutes turned to hours . Yuriko did not care how long since she has been sitting there .

        “if you’re wondering about him , he’s doing okay . he visited me last week .”

       “. . he got bags under his eyes , ’Achi . he cant control his temper with other people but with me , he never fail to smile and always gentle .”

         for at least two minutes silence filled the cemetery until Yuriko heave out a light sigh , but her lips then curve into a sad , small smile── “Daichi . . Daiki is not the same anymore . i already told you that many times right ? i told you , since that incident , he formed a gang on his own . there is still no news or whatsoever about his gang activity and that quiet make me anxious . . . what are they planning ?”

         of course , her question receive no answer . but a brisk of wind gently brush pass her , giving the place chilly temperature as if its trying to take away all the teenager’s worries with it .

       “even now , im dreaming the dream i prayed for with you that spring ,”

        “the cherry blossoms scatter . . .”

       ‘what kind of future awaits for me ?’

 ❝ BRAT ? YOU DONE ? ❞ HER SENIOR furrowed his eyebrows at Yuriko”s lack of answer

 ❝ BRAT ? YOU DONE ? ❞ HER SENIOR furrowed his eyebrows at Yuriko”s lack of answer . “you okay ?”

         she nod and grin── “let’s begin our race !”

unbeknownst to Yuriko , 'The Reaper' watch her from a distant with a smile on his face all night .