四十 cigarette duet

𝗧𝗔𝗞𝗘𝗠𝗜𝗖𝗛𝗜 𝗜𝗦 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗡𝗗𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗙𝗥𝗢𝗭𝗘𝗡 𝗜𝗡 front of the ravenette-haired girl who is busy humming a tone while trying to start her motorcycle engine . “Yuriko-san . . where are we going ?”

         instantly , cold wind whipped snow against his face , earning a shivering noise from him . Yuriko snort , “somewhere.”

          Takemichi get a hold of his jacket tightly to warm himself as he stammers . “b-but its cold” though riding in the snow seems cool , but only the mad will actually do it because the current weather is too unbearable to handle .

           “you complain too much . hows your body after the fight last night ? still sore ?”

          the timeleaper nod his head while carefully getting on the motorcycle . yesterday was sure one hell of a night for Takemichi . never had he expected a chance against someone as strong as Taiju and win against one of the strongest gangs in Tokyo .

            the night lamp across the street lighten up brightly and the snow sparkle with so many stars that one did not wish to look up at the sky and the real stars were unnoticed . the snow are coming down in big heavy flakes now . the air is chilly and cold that it sent chills down the duo spine . Yuriko breath in deeply of the scent of snow as her motorcycle continue to ride in such fast speed — exceeding the limit itself .

 Yuriko breath in deeply of the scent of snow as her motorcycle continue to ride in such fast speed — exceeding the limit itself

        “huh? the cemetery ?”

          the small pathway of the cemetery were hidden by the white snow , except for the tombstones . the sound of their steps in the snow broke through the quiet atmosphere along with the crackling of dry branches . snow soon covered Takemichi's sleeve without him realizing . he look up towards the grey sky while letting out a light sigh .

          when he realises Yuriko is now bending down in front of a specific grave , he was quick to shoot a question . “urmm ... who’s that ?”

           “my cousin.” snow swirled around her while she keep her focus on the grave . Takemichi’s own sense of personal loss and mixed feelings about Yuriko also seems apparent here , for he is very concern for the girl’s wellbeing and mental health .