Chapter 78

MATTIE'S POV:

I raced down stairs in only what I had on. a sports bra, sweat pants, and my uggs. after I got off the phone with Nash I didn't have time to get dressed.

I ran into my mom and dad's room to tell them the news.

"Mom I have to go." I told her.

"What?" My mom asked as she rolled around.

"After Hayes left Last night he didn't go home and the grier's want me to help find him." I said nervously.

"Ok just don't be out long." she said as she rolled back over in the bed.

I said goodbye and I rushed towards the door. i scurried towards the street. I didn't even think about getting the golf cart to take me. I just had the thought of hayes missing in my mind. I rushed towards the park. I was running the whole time. I normally don't run, but
this made me want to run.

I was cold. it is only 40 something degrees out and not to mention it was 3 in the morning.

"HAYES! HAYES!" I heard Nash call out as I got near the park.

"NASH WHERE ARE YOU!?" I yelled out as I kept running.

"IM OVER BY THE SWINGS!" He replied.

I ran over to the swing and found him.

"Have you found him yet?" I said as I panted from all the running.

"No I just got here." He said.

"Come on let's get going." I said as I started to search.

"Did he say where he was going when you last talked to him?" Nash asked as he looked around.

"No, he just said he had to go to the park." I said as I searched around the bushes.

"Maybe if I call him, his phone will ring." Nash said as he pulled out his phone.

*ring ring*

I heard a faint noise in the distance.

"I HEAR SOMETHING! KEEP IT RINGING!" I yelled as I ran towards the sound.

As I got closer to the sound, butterflies became a flutter in my stomach. what if he is dead? What if he forgot about me because of amnesia? But then, he could be alive, he could be sleeping.

I ran over to the bushes where the sound was coming from.

I looked at where the sound was and I started to burst into tears.

"Mattie is every thing ok?!" Nash said as he ran up towards me.

I looked up at him and he could tell I was scared about what was to come.

He bent down next to me and wrapped his arms around me.

"It's gonna be ok, let's get him to the hospital." he said as he picked up hayes' life less body that was covered in bruises, cuts, and blood.

I don't know what to do now, the one who I told I love is now lifeless. you don't even know how hard it is to see him like this.

"Come on." nash said with no emotion at all as we walked to his car.

I was still crying when we got to his car.

"Call my parents and yours. they should know we found him." he said as he placed Hayes in the back of his car.

I got out my phone and dialed all the numbers. when Mrs.Elizabeth answered the phone she was in tears. her crying made me cry even more. I told her we will met her in the emergency room and I ended the call.

I then called my mom and told her what was going on. she too said she would meet us at the hospital. I turned off the phone and looked out the window as I cried.

"He's going to be ok." nash said as he kept his eyes on the road. I guess he is taking this harder than I am.

-

When we got to the hospital I rushed inside and I told the lady at the front desk what was going on.

"How did you find him?" The lady asked as she typed on the computer.

"I found him laying in the bushes at WB park, he had many bruises, some cuts around his face and he was cringing towards his side. I guess he got hurt in the ribs." I said as a few tears fell from my eyes.

"Can I have the patients name please?" She asked as Nash walks in with Hayes.

"Benjamin Hayes Grier." I said as The lady types it into the computer.

"Ok we will have a nurse come and take him to a examination room. no one will be allowed to be back there with him until after the doctor has examined him." she said.

"Ok thanks." I said as I walked over to nash.

"It's my fault." I said as I started to cry.

"No it's not mattie." nash replied.

"Yes it is! If I didn't let hayes go to the park we wouldn't be here!" I said as I started to cry.

"Mattie its ok, he is going to be alright." nash said as he was still holding hayes.

This is going to be a long day.

A/N

I hope u guys like this chapter🙊

GO READ MY NEW BOOK THAT IM TYPING WITH why_you_nashty !!!! ITS ABOUT @insidemagcon ❤️❤️

27 likes= 1 new update🙅

-EM🐨