Part 83

MATTIE'S POV:

when i got to Chuy's i sat at a table and i waited for Blair to arrrive. i orderd some chips and queso. i could live off of all that. i reached out to get some chiips and my bandage began to show under my shirt. i quickly pulled my sleve over my bandage in hope no one will see.

"Hey!" Blair said as she walked over to the table and took a seat.

"Hi." I said as I ate a chip.

"I'm sorry about Hayes, it must be hard for you to go through this." she said.

"It is. it could be worse though, he could be dead." I said.

"That's true." Blair said as she ate a chip.

"Anything gossipy going on back home?" I asked.

"Not really, Katie is having the baby, her parents are making her stay at that private school and she can't go see Jack." she said.

"Wow! I just saw Jack the other day, he was playing against hayes in a football game. he tried to win me back, but he failed. I think he left town, but I don't know." I said as I dipped on my water.

"So have you guys found out who did this to Hayes yet?" Blair asked changing the subject.

"No, Nash is trying to go through Hayes' phone to see who called him, but so far nothing." I said.

"I'm sorry Mattie. I really am." she said.

"It's ok, stuff like this happens for a reason." I said.

"After this do you wanna go by the Grier's? Nash texted me and said they let Hayes out of the hospital." she asked.

"Yeah, I need to face him soon. I guess we should go." I said.

The waiter came out, and took our order. I told them I just wanted a cheese quesadilla and Blair gave him our order.

"Have you talked to John lately?" I asked as I ate a chip.

"Yeah, we're spending the day together tomorrow, then I'm leaving Sunday to be back in time for school Monday." she said.

"Where are you staying?" I asked.

"Just at the hotel that's down the road. nothing fancy." she said.

"Thanks for coming down, it means a lot." I said.

"You deserve it after this week." she said with a smile.

-

After we ate we rode in Blair's car that she got for her birthday to the Grier's.

Blair knocked on the door and we waited for someone to answer.

"Hey Mattie happy birthday!" Sky said as she opened the door.

"Thanks sky!" I said as I gave her a hug, "is Nash here?"

"Yeah, he is downstairs." Sky said as she let us in.

"Thanks sky!" We said as we made our way down stairs.

"Hey what are you guys doing here?" Nash asked as we made our way downstairs.

"We just ate dinner and wanted to come and check on Hayes. does he remember anything yet?" Blair asked.

"He remembers somethings, the doctor said that some things can spark back his memory about something if he sees it." nash said, "and mattie, he cannot stop talking about you. he thinks you are like a god our something."

I chucked, " in gonna go check on him I will be right back." I said as I went up the stairs and towards his room.

I knocked on the door, "come in." I heard a voice say. I twisted the door knob and I went inside.

"Hey Mattie what are you doing here?" He asked. him remembering my name made me smile.

"I wanted to come and check on you." I said as I took a seat next to him on his bed.

"Well, im feeling better, I'm a little dizzy every now and then, but I'm good." he said.

"Well that's good. I missed you while you were in the coma. I stayed in your hospital room the whole time you were out." I said.

"Thanks, that means a lot to know that you stayed there next to me." He said.

"Anything for you. I love you Hayes." I said to him.

"I love you too Mattie, even if I can't remember half the things we have ever done together." he said which made me chuckle.

He loves me.

A/N

I'm sorry it took me so long to update, 2 of my great aunts died. but, spring break just started so I'll be able to update more☺️

I've been making a lot of edits to on vine🙈 my vine is @3MuskeGRIERS

I love you guys more than you may know😌 AND THANKS FOR 106K READS😭😭😭😭😭😭

Yall are the real MVP's😭

35 likes= 1 new update😚

-EM🐨