Chapter 45

PLEASE READ AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END!🙊

MATTIE'S POV:

THE GAME STARTS IN 45 MINUTES AND IM STILL NOT READY! I got out of my bed and sprinted over to my closet. I rummaged through all of my stuff that was in my closet. I still haven't unpacked most of my clothes yet. It's going to be in the low 60s so kinda warm and kinda chilly. I found my old gray Naketane neck hoodie and decided to wear that. I kept my black shorts on but I needed to change my shoes so I quickly grabbed my white chuck Taylor's.

After I got dressed I went into my bathroom to get ready. I wanted to add some color to my outfit so I put a red bandana in my hair to look like a headband. I did some light makeup fix ups and I was ready. I looked like a kinda modern day roses the rivitor but I still look cute😜

It was now 5:05 I should probably get going!😬

I went downstairs and told mom bye. she was staying here since the team is coming over after the game. I went into the garage and got my penny board which I never use but I thought now is a great time to get it out! I started towards school. I started peddling faster and faster cause I want to get a good seat.

"MATTIE MATTIE!!" I heard a tiny voice yell out. I turned around to see who it was and it was sky.

"Hey sky!" I said as I got off my penny board. "Are you ready for the game?"

"Yes yes yes I am!!" She said as she jumped up and down. " Hayes is going to beat the Patriots so bad they have to go to the hospital!!"

I giggled, "so who are you here with?"

"Mom and Nash, dad had to work so he couldn't come." She said as she pulled my hand towards her mom.

"Hey Mattie! How are you doing?" Asked Mrs.Elizabeth.

"I'm fine how are you?" I asked trying to sound polite.

"I'm doing great thanks for asking! Do you have anywhere to sit?" She asked.

I looked around trying to find a open seat. "I don't think I can find one!"

"We'll sit with us! Nash will be here any minute and he will be happy to have you sit with us!" She said as she pulled sky in closer to where she was to make room for me.

"Thank you!" I said as I sat next to sky.

-

About 5 minutes before the game started they called all the players one by one on to the field.

"Parker Williams, number 35....... Payton Wright, number 11...... Hayes Grier, number 7" when they called Hayes' name he came running out from the locker room. We all stood up and cheered. Hayes looked over at the crowd and saw us, he waved at us. Sky and I waved back but Mrs.Elizabeth blew him a kiss.

Now it was time for the game to start😝

-

(Skip to half time)

We were up 34-28 but not by a lot. Dad looked stressed! But why would he be we are winning!

Nash still isn't here so Mrs.Elizabeth is getting worried. I should probably text him to make sure everything is ok.

Me: hey u ok? Ur mom is worried about u!

I waited a while and still no response back.

Me: Nash come on where are you!

I knew he had his phone on him he has it 24/7!

Me: tell me where u are! Ur mom is worried!

Nashy😜: I'm fine! I'm just in the library I forgot to finish a project.

Typical.

Me: ok thanks. We are up 34-28 btw

Nashy😜: ok thanks! I'll be finished soon!

I closed my phone and told Mrs.Elizabeth what happened, she laughed because she knew Nash would do something like that and not tell her.

*BUZZZZZZZ*

Finally! half time is over now back to the game!😊

-

Now we are down 48-42 with only 15 minutes left on the clock. Dad was bright red. He was supper stressed. I can tell this game means a lot to him.

Dad told them different plays and now Hayes is out on the field. We started a new play, we passed the ball to Hayes and he began to run. He kept running until he could not run anymore. He made it to the touchdown zone and the whole crowd went wild! Sky and I were up clapping and screaming.

48-48 we can do this😝

A/N

ok guys this is a filler nothing exciting but just wait for the party afterwards😏 ok so here is the lowdown I will try to update as much as I can this week but I have to got out of town Thursday and I won't be back until sat. Tomorrow is crazy busy so I won't have time to type. I will try to update as much as I can this week but things are really hectic😁 but on the brighter side of things a guy asked me for my number so I gave it to him. We started texting and I said this conversation was wired and now he has not texted back(but the conversation was very awkward😁) wow I suck at love. Anyways love y'all! And in so happy you guys like the book! I can't thank you guys enough for reading it😘😘

5 likes= 1 update(hopefully)❄️❄️

-Emilyyyyyy✌️