Chapter 8

MATTIE'S POV:

When we left the building dad said take a right and we are here! "wait your working at my new school?" I said. " yes I am is that bothering you?" Dad said. "no it will be interesting because I have never had a family member work at my school before!" I said. "well there is a first time for everything!" mom said.

When we walked into a large building we met a man who looked fairly decent but scruffy at the same time. "hi my name is todd! I'm the assistant coach for the football team!". "I'm Ben this is my wife Lisa and my daughter Mattie, Mattie will be going to school here after Christmas break!" dad said. "so I'm guessing you are the new football coach!" Todd said. "yep that's right!" dad said. in my mind I was thinking about all the possibilities of being the coaches daughter and meeting cute guys who are on the team. "well now that you have met me I guess you need to meet the rest of the team, I'll call them in and you can talk to them and introduce yourself!" Todd said. "ok great!" dad said.

(Over the inter-calm) boys football team please report to the field house to meet your new coach.

When all the guys came in they stared at me like I was a crazy little girl trying to dress like someone I'm not. but then in all the commotion I saw him. it was the guy who kept staring at me in the halls. now he was smiling at me. I looked over at him while he was looking at me and he quickly blushed and looked away.

When everything was settling down Todd got everyone's attention and introduced me and my family to the team. "hi I'm Ben this is my wife Lisa and my daughter mattie. Mattie is a freshman and will be going here after christmas. we are moving here from Kentucky after Christmas and I'm glad to be your coach!" dad said. "any questions for our new coach?" Todd said. one kid raised his hand and Todd picked him to ask a question. "will you lead our team to victory this year?" the kid said. " I hope so I also can't wait to see this team work together!" dad said. after a couple more questions Todd dismissed everyone back to class. while everyone was leaving I walked to the back of the room we were in to go look around when the boy came up to me and introduced himself.