Chapter 32

MATTIE'S POV:

The next day I woke up and got on my phone. I checked the temperature. it was going to be in the low 70s. I LOVE FALL WEATHER! I took a quick shower and got dressed for school. I wore a jean shirt, black leggings, bean boots, and a brown infinity scarf. I put my hair up in a messy bun and fixed my makeup. I walked down stairs and found a note from mom.

Mattie,

I had to be at work early today because of this friday. you will have to walk to school today. sorry I didn't tell u earlier! they just called last night and I had to go!

Sorry,

Mom

After I read the note I grabbed a banana and went out the door.

I started walking. I put my headphones in and turned on some music. no trouble by Megan trainer came on. I LOVE THIS SONG! I was about to start jamming out in the middle of the sidewalk but I did not want people starting another rumor about me.

When I got to school I went to my locker and unloaded my backpack. I put my phone in my pocket, grabbed my books, and headed off to class.

•later that day(after school)•

School sucked like usual. but now I'm going to Starbucks with blair. we made plans during lunch. when i got there I got in line to order. blair wasn't there yet so I went ahead and got her usual.

When I got up to order I told the guy working the register what I wanted. "1 grande pumpkin spice frappé for me and 1 grande vanilla bean frappe please!" I said

"The total is $8.56 And what are the names?" the man asked.

"Mattie on the pumpkin spice and blair on the vanilla bean." I said as I handed him my money.

"Thanks!" the man said as I gave him smile.

I went and got our drinks and found a seat on the couches. I'm so happy that they already have pumpkin spice things at starbucks! and its only the last week of September! call me a white girl but those pumpkin spice drinks are amazing!

After about 5 minutes of waiting for blair, she finally came through the doors at starbucks.

"You already got me my drink?" she asked

"Yep" I said, "i know what you get so I got it for you!"

"Awww thanks girly!" she said while she took a seat across from me.

"So has hayes texted you today?" she said while she took some sips of her frappe.

"No, but I feel bad about keeping this secret from him!" I said.

"Don't be! not telling him will make you sound mysterious and stuff!" she said, "and listen I don't have any homework so after this do you want to go to the mall and pick out a 'hayes grier look at me you need to date me!' first day of school outfit?"

"Sure!" I said while giggling.

We finished our drinks and walked over to the mall. when we got inside we went inside Apricot Lane. Apricot Lane is blair and i's favorite store. we walked in and blair and I started looking through the racks of clothes. Blair pulled out some things and so did I.

"Go and try theses on!" blair said as she pushed me into the dressing room.

I quickly got undressed and changed into the first outfit. it was a long gray sweater, white tank top, and red high wasted shorts. I walked out to show blair.

"What do you think?" I asked.

"No... what about the other outfit?" she said.

"Okay I'll go try it on." I said as I turned black and walked into the dressing room.

The next out fit was a black skater skirt, a white tank top that said "gorgeous is me" in black lettering, and a washed out Jean jacket. I walked out and showed blair. she was speechless!

"Do you like it?" I asked.

"UM YES!" she screamed, "DONT TRY ANYTHING ELSE ON THIS IS THE ONE!"

I went back inside the changing room to change back into my clothes. once I walked out I went to the counter and paid.

"The total will be $64.40" the lady said to me.

"Blair you are a expensive personal shopper!" I said as I gave the money to the lady.

The lady gave me my bag and we went out of the store.

"I got to go! call me tomorrow!" blair said.

"Bye!" I said as I gave her a hug.

•fast forward to when mattie gets home•

When I got home I went into the living room. mom was sprawled over the couch. I guess she had a long day at work. I went upstairs and got ready for bed. I was tired! school, starbucks, and shopping suck the life out of you!

I got snuggled up in the covers and went on Twitter. I opened a new draft.

@MattieCaroll good night world😴

After that I turned my phone off and I went to sleep.