Chapter 49

HAYES' POV:

After going to going from house to house we got to Mattie's house. I think I'll ask her dad for permission now just to get it over with. I whispered to nash and cam my idea and they loved it. We went up to her house and sky got candy and started to leave but I stayed.

"Aren't you coming hayes?" Mattie asked.

"Um yeah I'll meet up with you guys in a second!" I said as I rang the door bell.

"Hey hayes what's up?!" Coach Carroll asked as he opened the door.

"I need to talk to you in private." I said. I'm so nervous right now I'm literally shaking.

"Oh um ok, come on in!" Coach said as he led me to his office.

"Take a seat hayes, what do you want to talk to me about?" He said as he sat down in his chair behind his desk.

"Your daughter sir. I said.

"Mattie? What about her? Is everything alright?" He asked.

"Yes sir everything is great! I just wanted to ask you a question." I said.

"Is this about dating her? I saw you two holding hands at the party." he said.

"Um I guess so but I came here to ask your permission to ask out your daughter sir." I said nervously.

"Hayes, your great on the field, you are nice to my family, and I can tell you even like my daughter! And you even dressed up with her today! I would be happy for you to date my daughter! But just remember if you do to her what Jack did to her you are off the team! You hear me?" He asked.

"Yes sir I do! You won't be sorry! Thank you coach!" I said as I got up to shake his hand.

"Just remember if you hurt my little girl you will have to mess with me! Now hurry along and go meet up with your friends! They are probably wondering where you are!" He said.

"Thank you once again coach!" I said as I left their house. wow that was scary.

-

After I wondered around for a while I finally found them. I raced up to them.

"Is everything ok hayes?" Mattie asked.

"Everything is perfect!" I said as I winked at the guys to signal that he said yes.

-

After trick or treating with sky for a little while longer we decided to take her back home because it was kinda cold outside.

When we dropped her off at home I told mom what we were doing and we left.

"So mattie what are you doing this weekend?" I asked as we left the house.

"I don't really know, why did you ask?" She said.

"Well um, mom needs a babysitter tomorrow night to babysit sky and she was wondering if you could do it?!" I asked nervously.

"I'd love too! Sky is the best!" She said. great now all I have to do is plan how I ask her😏

-

MATTIE'S POV:

When we got to the party it was packed! There was toilet paper in the trees, loud music, and it kinda smelled like alcohol😬

We walked inside and it was even more packed! Music was blasting and I could not even here myself think! Everyone was dancing and having a great time! Nash and cam went to get some food so it was just hayes and I.

"So you want to go dance?" Hayes yelled out.

"Yeah sure!" I yelled out as he dragged me towards the dance floor. we started dancing to we on by deri ros. we danced so long. it was the most fun I've ever had! I got kinda thirsty so hayes and I went to get something to drink.