Chapter 42

MATTIE'S POV:

"We should take a walk someday dream about what we could have been I don't want to leave this place, no faith in Brooklyn." Sang my phone as me alarm went off. It was Wednesday or Hump day as some May call it. Yesterday was like Monday, but not exactly the same. Hayes and Nash picked me up from my house and we went to school, I went to all of my classes, I still felt like a piece of raw steak in language arts, Leah gave my a death stare because I guess she still has feelings for Hayes, I ate lunch with Nash, Hayes, and John, I went to choir, the teacher really likes my voice, dad introduced me to the girls golf team coach, I'm going to play a round of golf with the coach on Sunday so I can try to get on the team, and I walked home with Nash and Hayes. So nothing to different.

I got up and brushed my teeth. I didn't take a shower because I took one last night. I quickly got dressed, I put on some jean shorts, a cream sweatshirt with a navy anchor on it, and navy toms. I straightened my hair and put it into a half up half down style. I put on some makeup, put on my earrings, and put on my glasses. I normally don't wear my glasses but dad forgot to order me a new shipment of contacts so I'm stuck with my glasses until they come in. I looked in the mirror. Perfect.

I walked downstairs, and went into the kitchen. Mom and dad were still asleep because it's only 6:43. Dad doesn't have to go to work today but he has a practice with the team tonight. I grabbed a apple and sat at the table. My phone buzzed. I got a text from Nash.

Nashy😜: come on slow poke! We have been waiting for 5 minutes!

Me: u have?! Omy!

I shut my phone off and put it in my pocket. I grabbed my backpack and ran out the door.

"Sorry I didn't see you waiting when I came down stairs!" I said.

"It's fine! Hey before I forget mom needs you to be at our house to babysit sky at 4:00 and she will be home at around 7:30. I might get there before she does but just stay cause I don't want to watch sky." Hayes said.

"Ok I'll be there at 4:00!" I said as we started walking towards school.

"When did you get glasses?" Nash said as he stared at my glasses.

" I've had them for a while but I just wear contacts instead because these glasses make my face look huge on me." I said.

"They don't look huge on you they look cute on you." He said as he smirked.

HE IS FLIRTING WITH ME OH MY GOD.

"Thanks." I said as I started blushing.

"Come on lovebirds quite flirting you are to young for that stuff." Nash said.

Hayes and I blushed and our eyes widened.

"What it's obvious! I'm just stating the facts!" Nash said.

This is getting very awkward. I need to get out of here.

"Um I need to hurry up and get to school I'll see you guys later." I said as I started walking faster towards school.

"What did I do wrong?" I heard Nash say from a distance.

HAYES' POV:

"What did I do wrong?" Nash said.

"You fucking idiot! Now she knows I like her!" I said furiously.

"I thought you were already dating her!" Nash said.

"No dip shit I'm not! Now she is going to put me in the friend zone or something! And it's all because of you Nash! I got to go!" I said as I ran off towards school. Now I'm pissed.