Chapter 18

MATTIE'S POV:

Once we got upstairs I headed straight towards the shower. yes I know I've already taken 1 shower today but I'm kind of smelly from moving in some furniture. once I turned on the water I started playing my favorite playlist. I hoped into the shower, shaved, washed my body, washed my hair, and sang a little. once I got out I'm guessing my phone decided to have a through back because 1 thousand miles was on. I was basically belting my heart out because I was singing so loudly. after that I brushed my hair, brushed my teeth and washed my face.

After that I walked back into my bedroom to see blair doing her makeup. "what took you so long?" blair asked. "well 1 thousand miles came on so as you know I had to sing!" I said laughing.

Once I stopped laughing I went to go get ready. I put on my Lacey skirt and my floral crop top. I straightened my hair because I was to lazy to curl it, and I did my makeup.

Once we got done getting ready we looked at the clock and saw that the game started in 45 minutes. we rushed down stairs to see mom was there waiting for us. "come on girls we are going to be late!" mom said. "wait 1 second we will be ready!" I said rushing into the living room trying to find my sandals and to my surprise the boys weren't there! "Um mom where did the boys go?" I said with a frantic tone in my voice because I knew if they ran away I would be in big trouble. "they all left like an hour ago with dad to go to school to get ready for the game which starts in 30 minutes!" mom said yelling across the room. "come on Mattie! we are going to be late!" blair said. "coming!" I yelled as I grabbed my shoes and ran to get into the car.

Once we got to the game. mom went off to find dad and Blair and I went to find a seat in the bleachers. when we got seated we saw a girl sitting next to us with a big sign. the sign said "Hayes is the bae!". when I read the sign I looked over at her and said "I like your sign!" I said. "thanks! but he is mine so don't try to steal him away from me!" the girl said. after she said that I liked over at Blair and we just laughed.

"I like your outfit!" blair said. "thanks my best friend picked it out for me!" I said giggling. She giggled too. "I love your outfit blair!" I said. "thanks it was kind of a last minute outfit idea!" blair said. "it still looks really good on you!" I said. "thanks!" blair said. Blair was wearing jean shorts, a gray sweater with a black and white Mickey on it, and red vans.

About 5 minutes after we got our seats I heard something loud came over the loud speakers. "and now let's here it for your Davidson Day Spartans Football Team!" as soon as it said that the whole football team came running out of a tunnel. Everyone started cheering and screaming for the team, so Blair and I did too!

After the guys ran to the benches hayes looked up at the crowd. when he saw me he grew a huge smile on his face. I waved to him but I guess he was too shy to wave back because his face turned red and he turned away.

When the game started they lined up for the first play. we had the ball. someone passed it to hayes, he caught it and kept running until he scored a touchdown. once he scored everyone stood up and cheered.

After about 25 minutes we had scored 3 touchdowns and the other team scored 1.

Now it was half time. because it was homecoming all sorts of girls came on to the football team following Mr.Strode to the center of the field. They announced the winners from each grade. "Emily Morgan is your Freshman Queen, Emmerson Sikes is your sophomore queen, Sovanna Pok is your Junior queen, and last but not least Anna Hewit is your senior queen! congrats girls!" Mr.strode said. then Mr.Strode lead them off the field and back into the crowd of people cheering and clapping for them.

After that the game resumed. the team came out and had a meeting with dad and went on the field. "hike!" someone yelled from the field. then they passed the ball to hayes and he ran to the end zone. while he was running a player came up to him and tackled him, he dropped the ball, and the other team got it.

Now we don't have the ball and the game ends in 2 minutes! they got into position for there next play, the other team started they threw the ball. John came over and snatched the ball from the other player and threw it to hayes. hayes caught it and ran to go get a touchdown for the team. we only had 30 seconds left on the clock and hayes was still running. in the last 10 seconds hayes scored a touchdown! the whole school was ecstatic! they ran on to the field to go cheer with the team. blair and I got out of our seats and ran to go congratulate my dad. we ran down there and found my dad. "congrats dad!" I said excitedly. "I can't talk right now the news crew from here wants to interview me!" dad said as he was running off the field. we followed him to watch his interview. while he was doing his interview John and hayes came up behind him and dumped Gatorade all over my dad. blair and I were laughing so hard! dad looked over at the news reporter and said "I think that is a sign that my team wants to talk to me! thanks for letting me do that!" he said running off to the locker room.

While blair and I were walking over to the locker room I heard someone call my name. it was hayes and john. "Um do you guys want to join the team at ihop for a little after game celebration?" hayes said nervously. "sure we will be happy to come!" I said because who can say no to Hayes grier in a football uniform?! "ok we need to get going coach want to talk to us! bye!" John said dragging hayes with him into the locker room.

Once we got over there mom was standing outside the doors. "we can't go in there!" mom said. "ok we will just wait out here." blair said.

After the meeting was over the team came out. dad came to find us. "so who is ready to go to ihop?" dad said as we were heading towards the car. "I am!" I said. "me too!" blair said as we got into our car to drive to Ihop.