Chapter 70

MATTIE'S POV:

"Um mattie?!" I heard a voice say, I turned around to see who it was, I looked up and my jaw dropped.

"Mattie do you know this person?" Hayes asked. my mouth was still wide open..... I didn't know what to say.

I gulped, "Hayes and Nash this is my..... This is my ex Jack.... Jack this is Nash and Hayes." I said nervously.

Hayes' eyes widened, he knew who he was and so did Nash. they knew that he broke my heart, and that he cheated on me with Katie.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Well, I'm on Kentucky's all star football team and we're playing North Carolina tomorrow night, so we flew in today to get some extra practice." he said as he showed us his other teammates. "so why are you here? I thought you moved to Charlotte!"

"Well um, I just came from Tampa with Nash and Hayes, Hayes invited me to go with him to Magcon Tampa so we could hang out, see all his friends, go to Disney with him, go to his meet and greet, and WeWentOnOurAnniversaryDinner." I said the last part really quickly.

"What I couldn't understand the last part." Jack said.

"We went on our 1 week anniversary dinner while we were there, were dating." hayes said as he put his arm around my waist.

I saw Jack kinda slump down like he was mad/sad.

"Hayes aren't you playing against Kentucky tomorrow at your football game?" Nash asked trying to take the topic off of me.

"Yeah I guess I'm playing against you tomorrow." hayes said with anger in his eyes.

I grabbed his hand to signal him to calm down.

"Yeah I guess we are, I got to go I'll see you guys later." Jack said as he walked away from us.

"Did you know he was coming?" Nash asked.

"No! Blair didn't tell me!" I said.

"I'm sorry babe, I know you weren't expecting to see him here." hayes said as he gave me a big hug.

"I'm just ashamed at myself for dating him because everyone told me he was a player and I didnt listen to them and I got my heart broken, but now that I have you I feel so lucky because I know you will never hurt me like Jack did." I said as I started to cry a little.

"It's ok Mattie, I would never do what Jack did to you." hayes said as he still hugged me.

"Come on guys lets get going, mom texted me and told me that we're having dinner with Mattie's family tonight at our house." Nash said as he led us outside the airport.

-

When we got to my house the boys dropped me off and they headed back to their house to get ready for dinner.

"Welcome back honey!" Mom said as I walked into the living room.

"Hey mom how are you?" I said as I sat on the couch.

"I'm good! Grandma called while you were gone and asked about you. I told her about hayes! She was so excited!" Mom said from the kitchen.

"When is she coming down here to see us?" I asked.

"I think she is coming around Christmas time, so in about a month!"she said.

"Ok great! Where is dad by the way?" I said.

"He is at work, he is making more plays for the team." she said.

"Ok well I'm gonna go get dressed for tonight I'll be down in a second." I said as I ran upstairs.

-

My room hasn't changed much since I left, mom just took my dirty clothes downstairs. I looked in my mirror and thought about what I should wear. it is kinda chilly here, so I'll dress warm. after thinking some I went into the bathroom and took a shower cause I needed one after today. I shaved, washed my hair, washed my body, and just stood their letting the warm water feel pounce on my skin.

Once I got out, I bushed my teeth and washed my face. I walked over to my closet and picked out a whit long sleeve shirt, skinny jeans, a pink floral scarf, some brown leather flats, and my tan Michael kors purse that grandma gave me. I really don't like purses but I needed one tonight to hold my lady things so I didn't have to hold them in my hands. which would be weird. but TMI I know. I thought that I should have shared though.

I fixed my hair into a fishtail braid going down the back. then my makeup. I didn't do a lot cause we're not going out to eat, so I just did some light eyeshadow, concealer, powder, blush, and mascara.

"Mattie you ready?" I heard dad yell from downstairs.

"Yep!" I yelled as I opened my doors to go downstairs.

"Hey how was the trip?" Dad asked as I walked into the kitchen to see mom fish making a pie.

"It was amazing! We went to Disney world, and went shopping, and I went to dinner with Hayes, and I met a lot of amazing people!" I said.

"Well speaking of hayes, we need to get over there soon! It's already 4:30 and were supposed to be there by 5!" Mom said.

"Ok then let's get in the car and go!" Dad said as we all went out to the car to drive to hayes' house.

My phone buzzed, I got a text from blair:

Blair💁: hey how was ur flight home?

Me: OMG WHY DIDNT U TELL ME THAT JACK WAS COMING TO NORTH CAROLINA?!

Blair💁: chill girl

Blair💁: I didn't know he was going there cause we don't go to school together anymore after what happened with him and katie. he now goes to the Moss High School cause he moved. but katie still goes to that private Christian school. did you see him?

Me: yeah hayes nash and I saw him at the airport and it was awkward and all I could think to do is cry cause he hurt me so much and I'm just so blessed to have hayes, and I know he would never hurt me.

Blair💁: awww I'm sorry honey😢 but u and hayes are goals😘

Me: thanks❤️ I have to go we are having dinner with hayes and his family tonight I'll text u later💕✨

Blair💁: love u bye💘

Me: bye💋

A/N

are yall surprised of who the mystery person was?! Tell me if u are💕✨

18 likes= 1 new update❄️

Love u beautiful booties❤️

-EM💋