꧁~Invite Her~(LIX)꧂

c.59

I wanted to close my eyes. To rest in his arms, in the silence, in the stillness.

Walking down the short hallway, when we turned the corner, we were met with Lily and another girl.

"So," the blonde spoke, "still not dating, huh?"

~~~~

"I'm sorry I dragged you into this," he placed his hand on mine.

Sitting at the bar, I looked up at him.

"You're not making me do anything I don't want to, I practically put myself in this position."

"But I'm the one who brought you up to the house."

I chuckled, "and you shouldn't regret that, you showed me the fountain, and I loved seeing it."

"But then you cried," he sounded somewhat confused.

"It made me think of my mother, Luisa," I smiled with a hint of sadness, "the woman who blessed me with a second chance, even when she had to let go of her own child."

Leaning forward, he placed a kiss on my forehead. Words weren't our strongpoint for the most part, some time ago, there was a mutual understanding of that.

There was nothing to do but bask in the lull, in the addictive, trancelike calmness.

My body pulled me away from him, but the warmth never left.

All of a sudden, footsteps could be heard descending the stairs.

~~~~

~Techno's POV~

So here we were, in the presence of Lily and Chris.

"We want the truth, so let's get to the point," Chris spoke with an almost stern tone, "are you two dating?"

Before I could respond, I heard a snicker from beside me.

Facing María, I watched as she fell apart in a fit of laughter, confusing my siblings, and somewhat me as well.

Regaining control of herself, she sighed and tilted her head, staring into Chris's eyes, "dating?"

"That's why you both look so on edge? Because you think we're dating?"

I stood there, watching as she spoke with such confidence.

"A-are you not?" Lily asked, questioning.

"No."

I finally spoke.

"Then what's with all the kissing and hugging about?"

The girl beside me, shrugged, "words are overrated, doesn't particularly mean there's something happening beyond what you see."

"Plus, most hugs aren't romantic, and the kissing isn't anything more than an expression, a substitute for verbalization, if you will."

The words she used, rolled off her tongue so smoothly, she knew what she was saying. There was no 'between the lines' for her, so all I could do was agree.

Lily eyed Chris, a silent agreement flickered between them.

The flow of the room changed with the five words my sister spoke.

"Invite her to dinner then."

~~~~

~María's POV~

I watched as he pulled out his phone, typing in his passcode and finding his iMessages app, finger sliding across the screen until he tapped under a name, 'mom.'

"Should I text?" he looked up from the phone, asking his brother standing by.

"No, call."

I actually agreed, I agreed to eat dinner with one of the richest families in the city, probably in the state.

The phone began to ring, breaking my train of thought in less than a heartbeat.

Then it stopped, and the room was so quiet that the faint voice could be heard, even when it wasn't on speaker.

"Hello?"

"Hey mom, I was just wondering if a friend could join us for dinner?"

(A/N- Oof, this whole "I'm going to do daily updates" is kind of running off the rails. Sorry for the short chapter and later update, depending on your time, I'm sorry if it's inconvenient for you :(

Love you! ❤️)

(Hamster Fact: Hamsters will be up at odd hours of the night, but try to maintain a sleep pattern, just like you should to take care of your health! Please be kind to your body, you are so important!)

(-Hamster)
Words
643 words