Chapter #11

"You are absolutely useless," Gwyn said to Azriel, who was leaning against a wall watching her.
"I'm sorry Gwyneth, do you need my help?" Azriel asked.
"You know what, No, I don't think you'd be much help anyway," Gwyn said, picking up another dagger.
They were at training and just like archery, Gwyn didn't excel at dagger throwing.
It was Fair to say she didn't have the best aim.
But out of all the priestesses she was the best with swords and hand-to-hand combat.
"What are you suggesting, that I cannot throw a dagger," Azriel said walking over to her.
"I'm suggesting that you're probably better at leaning against walls than throwing daggers," Gwyn said, turning towards Azriel, "so just go back to your little corner and brood." Gwyn turned back towards the target.
She narrowed her eyes at the target, held the dagger by the blade and cocked her arm back, then threw the dagger and it actually hit the target this time.
Granted it was far from the middle but at least she got it on the board.
"Nice job," Flora said from behind her.
She turned to Azriel who was still standing where she left him, "see, it seems I don't need your help after all," Gwyn said.
"Are you sure about that?" Azriel asked, grabbing the second dagger from her hand.
"How about if I make this, then you have to let me help you?" He asked as he stared her down.
She just narrowed her eyes at him, Gwyn was not about to back down from a challenge.
"Deal, but" Gwyn said "you have to close your eyes."
Azriel opened his mouth to say something but Gwyn didn't let him.
"You are far older than me and have much more experience, it's only fair," Gwyn finished with a sinister smile.
She thought Azriel could be taken down a peg or two, and she wanted to be the one to do it.
"Deal," Azriel said, returning her smile right back to her with one of his own.
She watched him cover his eyes. No, this wouldn't do at all.
"No," Gwyn said, coming behind him, "I can't tell if you're cheating."
"What are you going to do, cover my eyes?" Azriel asked Turning to face her.
"Exactly," Gwyn said motioning for him to turn around.
He did and said "Gwyneth Berdara you are going to be the death of me."
Gwyn was on her tipping toes trying to reach his eyes, "o, but what a way to go," Gwyn said smiling as she finally covered his eyes with her hands.
—-
"I'm convinced you cheated," Gwyn said while taking a drink of water.
"And I'm convinced you're in denial," Azriel said, wrapping up Nesta's hands.
Nesta was apparently a little angry at the punching bag earlier and her knuckles started to bleed.
She would not let Cassian help her.
Azriel assumed it was because Cas didn't tell her about the wing clipping at the camps.
"In denial of what?" Gwyn asked, working on Nesta's other hand.
"If my amazing abilities," Azriel said winking at Gwyn who rolled her eyes.
"Stop being so cocky Az," Nesta said "you and I both know Cas could take you down."
Did she just compliment cassian?
Azriel smiled at how much Nesta loved his brother, even when he was being an ass.
"And why isn't your amazing mate helping you with this?" Azriel asked, holding up her hand.
She stuck her tongue out at him, and he chuckled.
Right then his shadows whispered in his ear, "Rhys is here."
Azriel finished Nesta's hand and went to the balcony and found Rhys flying towards them.
Rhys landed and all the priestesses froze.
Azriel could feel the power vibrating off of Rhysand.
He knew that if Rhys was this angry whatever he was about to tell them couldn't be good.
"This training session needs to be over, I need to speak to you and Cassian," Rys said.
Azriel could see bags under his eyes. He looked drained.
Azriel nodded and cleared out the training room.
"What's wrong?" Cassian asked, tension laced throughout his face.
Rhys sighed, "the Illyrian camps are staging a revolt."