Chapter #21

This chapter is from Nesta's point of view.
—————————————
Nesta and Gwyn arrived back at camp just as the Thessans troops arrived.
Nesta knew she had to speak with Cassian before everything started.
She caught him before he went into the war tent.
"Cas," she said, practically flinging herself onto him.
They were both dressed in their leathers, but Cassian was wearing his war leathers.
She hadn't seen those since hyburn.
"Nes, I know you want to help fight but please, for her, don't. I don't think I would be able to focus on anything if you and her were in danger—-
"I know," Nesta said, cutting him off, "I won't put her at risk."
Cassian let out a sigh of relief, and held Nesta close.
"You have to go. There is a town not too far away but far enough that war won't reach you. I can send someone to go with you—-
"No, you will need all the people who are able to fight here on the front lines. Gwyn and Emrie can come with me. We will protect each other."
Cassian nodded and rested his temple on hers.
"Please be safe, Nes, both of you," he said needling down to kiss her still flat stomach, "keep our little strawberry safe I want to see her grow to the size of a muffin."
Nesta let out a broken laugh and knelt down with Cassian cupping his cheeks.
"Both of us will be safe I promise, but you... you have to promise to come back to me, ok? Because I can't do this alone," her voice started to break.
"Hey," he said wiping a loose tear, "if something were to happen to me I know you would be an amazing mother—
"No, don't say things like that," Nesta said between sobs.
"But you would. You would teach her how to fight, and how to braid her hair—-
"But I don't want to do it without you. I want us to be able to teach her about the eight pointed star together. And I want to all braid hair together like a cute little braid train family, because we're weird like that."
Cassian let out a broken laugh.
"I need you, we both do. So promise me that you will come back to us."
She looked into his beautiful hazel tear filled eyes.
"I promise nes, I will come back for both of you," he said, holding her close.
"You need to go, we don't have much time. Az will winnow you, he knows the way." He said standing up, taking Nesta with him.
He placed a kiss on her lips and turned to leave then turned back saying "I love you more than all the stars in the sky,"
And Nesta responded with "I love you more than all the fish in the sea."
Then he went into the tent and Nesta set off in a sprint.

She found Gwyn and Emrie talking outside another tent.
"Guys we need to go, war is on its way. They will be here in a matter of minutes."
"Where do we go there is not enough time—
Gwyn stopped talking at the sound of beating wings.
They were too late. It has already started.
Shit.
They all unsheathed their weapons and prepared.