Chapter #40

This is from the POV of out OG couple Rhysand and Feyre!
——
"Feyre do you think black, blue, silver, or purple?"
Rhys asked Feyre from across the room.
"Rhys what does it matter, they are pajamas?"
"Well, I want our son to be stylish at all times of the day," he shouted back.
They had been talking out loud more often rather than through the bond because they wanted Nyx to hear their voices and they were trying to get him to talk.
"I think the blue one," Rhys mumbled to himself and walked into the bathroom.
He dropped the onesie on the counter and knelt down by Feyre, plopping a kiss on her head.
Splashing and giggles filled Rhys' ears and he smiled.
They were currently giving Nyx a bath, they could have the maids do it but they loved bathtime with the little one far too much.
Rhys grabbed a wash rag and delicately washed Nyx's wings.
"You are so smiley tonight," Feyre said in her baby voice.
Nyx in response splashed water in Feyre and Rhys' face.
"You are so naughty," Rhysand gasped, tickling Nyx.
"How did you become such a troublemaker?" Rhys added in his baby voice.
"I think you got that from your daddy," Feyre said, conjuring a water frog for nyx to play with.
"Me?!" Rhysand scoffed, "I was an Angel child."
"Just because you have wings does not make you an angel," Feyre said in a singsong voice.
"You're right, it's my Ethereal looks," Rhys said and Feyre rolled her eyes.
"Well if you're an Angel then what does that make me?" Feyre said, referencing her devastatingly beautiful face.
Rhys' brows rose and he smiled.
And she thinks Rhys is the arrogant one.
"A Goddess, darling," he said leaning and lightly brushing his lips over hers, taunting her.
He felt her shiver, and he smiled.
This was what he needed, all he ever needed was his family.
Mother, he loved them so much.
"Da—a, da," both his and Feyre's eyes shot open and they turned back to the bath.
"Did he just?!—"
"O, cauldron," Feyre cut him off, scooping him up and spinning him around, pressing kisses all over Nyx's face.
Rhys grabbed a towel and was laughing with such pure joy as he scooped Nyx out of Feyre's arms and folded the towel around him.
"Bu bu did you just say something?" Rhys asked and Feyre came up right next to him brushing Nyx's hair out of his eyes.
"Can you say da da?" Feyre said, still using the baby voice.
"Da da," she said again and Rhys mouthed the words, da da.
"Da—a" Nyx got out and both Feyre and Rhys showered him with more kisses.
"Good job bu bu," Rhys said beaming, any bit of cold was leached out of his heart at his babe's first words.
Rhys and Feyre continued to praise Nyx as they got him ready for bed.
They toweled him off and moisturized him with a special cream Madja had recommended recently. because Nyx was a very chubby baby he sometimes got rashes on the inside of his thighs.
Once he was changed and all ready for bed they went to Nyx room and sat down on a hanging chair that was big enough to fit them all.
This was Rhysand's favorite part of the night, when his mate and babe we're safely snuggled into his arms.
He would read to them until they fell asleep, rocking back and forth surrounded in darkness, his darkness.
Neither Feyre or Nyx was scared of his darkness, they loved him, all of him, for who he was. He could never ask for more.
He didn't want this to change, this wonderful feeling of happiness and safety, but he knew it would.
If it wasn't Koschei and the rebel Illyrians it would be another threat, but for right now he would let himself marvel in the wonderful feeling his family gave him.
Tomorrow he will meet with the Illyrians.
——
"What do you mean he is kidnapping an Illyrian females?!" Feyre asked knuckles turning white from clenching her hands into fists at her side.
They decided to meet with them at the outskirts of camp Windhaven and only allowed the camp lords to come.
"Our deal with Koschei— we didn't complete it—
"Obviously," Feyre cut them off along with Rhysand's warning snarl. She was still enraged about them selling her sister to a death God, and was trying her hardest now to shatter their minds right now.
"So he is retaliating by taking our females," Rupin said and Feyre glared at them.
"First of all they are not your females, they don't belong to anyone, they belong to the night court. And secondly what do you mean you didn't complete the deal with him. We completed it for you, there should be no need for him to retaliate," Feyre was referring to when Elain had given a memory in exchange for Nesta. Feyre still didn't understand how Elain pulled it off.
"Obviously whatever you did didn't work," rupin paused, trying to let go of his pride as he asked, "we need your help."
"We will stop the revolt, and the wing clipping for good, we just need you to help us get the females back," Liao said more desperately than he may have intended.
They would stop the whole revolt that they had Likely been planning for decades just to get these women back.
It made sense seeing as there was no point in fighting to clip females wings if there were no females at all.
What do you think?
She asked Rhys through her mind.
I think they are telling the truth, Az went to their camps and said that there were bearly and females. they seem desperate, and this is most likely the least messy way to end the revolt.
He said back to her.
"If we get the females back everything stops the wing clipping the not training women, all of that shit stops and you start listening to us, you high lord and lady," she said the last part with so much power, it Radiated off of her.
"Yes, fine," the warlords bit out with disgust.
She looked to Rhys, "deal," he said, his voice a mask of unnerving calm though you could see the anger in his eyes.
They would have to figure out what was going on with Koschei and why Elain's deal had not worked.
They needed to fine Elain, for some reason she had been much harder to find these past few days.
They needed to find Nesta as well.
They would need everyone's help if they were going to get the females back.