Chapter #13

Hi guys sorry it took me so long, and sorry this chapter is kind of short. I had severe writers block. I know the general direction of how I think their story would go it's just the little details are hard to put in. Anyway I will really try to add another chapter tonight or tomorrow. Also warning there is some Elaine and Az stuff, but only because I feel I can't really ignore their tension but remember this is not their story, this is Gwyn and Az's story. Anyway enjoy!
—————————
Azriel arrived at the river house exactly twenty minutes early.
His spies had found some information from Rupin's camp.
Balthazar has been working for Azriel for about one hundred years now.
Azriel usually wouldn't recruit actual Illyrian warriors or people in general to do spy work. He would usually work with shadow people like Nula and Ceederwin.
But Balthazar was useful.
He was posing as a new Illyrian warrior at Rupin camp.
Balthazar was good at what he did, though he is cocky, it actually made people overlook him as a threat.
The information Azriel had learned from Balthazar today had him seething.
Rupin's already wing clipped half the females in his camp.
They waited too long; they could not wait any longer.
They needed to save these women, and they needed to do it now.
He went into the river house from the back door. The kitchen entrance.
He knew exactly who he would find there currently cutting strawberries.
He knew he had to get to Rhys but he just wanted to see her face, to watch her, for just a moment.
He was angry at Rhys for telling him to stay away from Elaine.
But that made her all the more tempting to Azriel.
It was like the stories his mother used to tell him as a child about forbidden love.
Elaine looked up at him and their eyes locked.
His shadows automatically disappearing. He never understood why.
He saw a faint blush creep up her cheeks and immediately thought about how he would make her even more flushed if he had the opportunity.
He would make those pretty brown eyes roll to the back of her head, if he ever got to touch her.
He could see that pretty pink gown of hers in shreds and him between her thighs, first with his head then with his—
"Hi" Elaine all but squeaked.
"Hello Elaine," Azriel said, leaving the room not trusting himself to look at her any longer.
He made his way to Rhysand's office.
When he got there, he found that he was the last to arrive.
Rhys, Feyre, Cassian, Nesta, and Mor were all already there waiting.
—-
"We can't wait any longer if the females wings are already being clipped. I know we didn't want to use our power Rhys because we didn't want to declare war, but they just did by cutting off these females wings." Feyra said, crossing her arms.
"Amren told us, Thessan said he will provide us with reinforcements. She is at Dawn court now. Keir refused to help us, bastard probably supports this shit," Rhys said, "me and Feyra will go to the camps and hold them off for as long as possible, until Thessan's soldiers arrive."
"What about Devlon's camp," Cassian said, running his hands through his hair, "if no one goes there to calm them down they are likely to rebel."
"You and Azriel will have to go," Feyre said.
"We can go, but without you I doubt it will make much of a difference," Azriel said, "without you we are just two bastards."
That was how they had been treated even though Cassian was their General and Azriel was Rhysand's spymaster, Devlon still had little respect for them.
"Feyre, if we don't have you there as a strong female example, they will never respect you or any of the other females at the camps and things will go back to the way they always were," Cassian said, lacing his fingers in Nesta's.
"I can't be in two places at once Cas, you and Az will have to go alone," Feyre said with worry in her eyes.
Azriel knew Cassian was right, if Feyra went with them they would disrespect her at first but, she is powerful and she would show them as much.
"I can go," Nesta said and immediately Cassian gave her a look.
"I was in the blood rite and by law I am an Orstian warrior, and Gwyn and Emrie are Carynthian. We could go with Cassian and Azriel and be Examples for the men to respect women, and we can talk with the females there. We can tell them about our Valkyrie training." Nesta was beaming.
Azriel didn't like the idea of Nesta, Gwyn and Emrie going to the war camps.
He knew they could handle themselves, but it might be like reliving trauma for them.
From being kidnapped and forced into the blood rite, or how Emrie had her wings clipped or because he didn't want Gwyn to be uncomfortable by seeing all the males.
Rhys turned to Feyra "what do you think?" He asked, tucking a strand of hair behind Feyre's ear.
"I think Nesta is right, if I'm not there I would want her to be. She is a good example, she is a Valkyrie along with her friends." Feyre said looking to Nesta "are you sure you can handle yourselves?"
Nesta nodded and Mor said "I can go as well, we will need as much support as we can get."
Nesta nodded and looked at Feyra.
Feyra locked eyes with her sister and smiled slightly, "go get them Nes."
And Nesta winked back at Feyra.