"I'm done with this"

Kuroo walked into the gym in his school uniform and walked up to Coach Naoi and Coach Nekomata. He looked exhausted and mad.

"I'm done with this. I quit the team."

Everyone paused in shock as Kuroo walked out of the gym. He had been acting different for a while but no one imagined this to happen.

Coach Nekomata accepted his resignation but Coach Naoi didn't. First, he called Fukuroudani to have Bokuto talk to him but that didn't work. Then, he called Karasuno and asked Daichi to come to talk to him. Even if he wouldn't rejoin the team, he could at least get piece of mind knowing Kuroo was better somewhere else.

Daichi showed the next day and pulled Kuroo from school, both in their uniforms from each of their own schools.

Daichi took Kuroo to shops, an amusement park, a movie, and an arcade. It was 11 pm when they were done and Daichi walked with Kuroo to the train station. Daichi sat down with Kuroo on a bench. They were both looking at the sky.

"What's up?" -Daichi

"Nothing much."

"That's why you quit volleyball and aren't responding to Tsukishima? Nothing much?"

Kuroo looked at Daichi while he looked at the sky for another moment before turning.

"What?"

"About volleyball or the fact that Tsukishima is having a mental breakdown all the time because he is confused, scared, worried, and terrified of you leaving or hating him for some unknown reason? Or worried for you since he doesn't know what's up."

"Tsukishima-"

"Brokedown in practice yesterday. He told if to tell you that 'if you wanna break up with me tell me.'"

"I didn't know that he cared."

"Kuroo, you are his world and you know that. What is going on in your head? Everyone is worried. We are here for you."

Kuroo paused and tears fell.

"I-I don't know. Everyone is looking to me for answers and I don't have them. I'm so exhausted, classes are piling up, teachers pressure me for answers to what I'm going to be, and I have parents to please that are unpleasable. I'm just so done with everything. I don't know what I'm going to do forever."

"And that's ok, but making rash decisions during that isn't ok. You have friends in Tokyo and out of Tokyo. If you need help, we'll help. We are here for you." 

Kuroo just looked at his lap and nodded. Daichi wrapped his arms around him and Kuroo returned the gesture. 

"I have two tickets to Miyagi with me. I thought you might want to tell Tsukishima you're sorry in person." 

Kuroo let go of the hug and looked at Daichi, shocked.

"His parents are at his cousin's place for the night and Akiteru isn't there. However, I expect no funny business to go down tonight. He still needs to be in top form."

Kuroo nodded and the train arrived. They both stood to board the train when Kuroo felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. 

Mom: where are you? Get home, you have school. 

Kuroo looked at the message and paused, boarding the train. He sat down with Daichi. Kuroo took a selfie of the two of them. Daichi was smiling and Kuroo flipped the camera off. 

Tetsurou: [image attached]

Tetsurou: yeah, no. I'll be staying the night at a friend's house. See ya.

Kuroo shut off his phone and ignored any other incoming texts from either parent.

By the time he arrived in Miyagi, it was almost 1:30 am. Kuroo arrived at Tsukishima's house at 2 am. Kuroo paused and gently knocked on the door and waited. 

The door opened to reveal a tired Tsukishima. When Tsukishima saw Kuroo, he woke fully and launched himself at Kuroo. 

"Hey" -Kuroo

Tsukishima pulled away and grabbed his hair. He began to shake him.

"Are you dumb?! How could you worry me like that? I was scared! I love you, dummy! You have to talk to me too!" 

Kuroo gently took the hands out of his hair and clasped his hands around Tsukishima's hands. Kuroo bowed and put Tsukishima's hands to his forehead. 

"I'm sorry." 

Tsukishima sucked in a breath.

"Tetsu...come inside. We'll talk in the morning." 

Kuroo raised his head to look at Tsukishima. His eyes began to tear up. Tsukishima pulled him inside and lead him to his bedroom. They sat on the bed and Tsukishima pulled Kuroo into his chest as Kuroo silently cried.

Tsukishima pulled off Kuroo's blazer, tie, shirt, socks, and pants. He pulled them down onto the bed and they laid down together. Kuroo pulled Tsukishima close as Tsukishima pulled the covers up and fell asleep.

Hopefully, it would all get better in the morning.