Problems

A/N: A little self-projecting never hurt.

Akaashi opened the door to see Saruki and Washio on the other side. He didn't want to see them, not now not ever.

"Hey-" -Saruki

So he just slammed the door closed and went back to his room to study.

Over the next few days, this kept happening. Members of Fukurodani would come to his home, knock, and get the door slammed in their face(s).

Finally, Bokuto was the last person left to get the door slammed in his face. Fukurodani lost hope and could only hope for their friend during school hours, but even then he was hard to reach. Always so distant, like he wasn't even there mentally.

Bokuto knocked and heard footsteps coming to the door. Akaashi opened it and took one look at his face and went to slam it closed. Bokuto saw this coming and pressed his hand against the door, stopping it's movement.

Akaashi was shocked and Bokuto came in and closed the door behind him. He grabbed Akasshi's wrist tight, causing the younger to flinch and wince in pain.

Bokuto took in the sight of Akaashi. Messy hair, eye bags, an oversized sweater that was dirty, and sweat pants. He looked so messy and tired. It was concerning.

"Akaashi, what is wrong?"

He didn't speak, refusing to.

"Akaashi."

"..."

"Keiji! Please! It hurts me to see you like this! I just want to help! You're not okay!"

Akaashi just looked away. Bokuto used his thumb and index finger to move Akaashi's chin to look at him. 

"Akaashi, it's ok. You can talk to me."

Bokuto pulled Akaashi into a hug. He felt the younger's breath hitch as he let out a sob. Bokuto led him to the couch and pulled him into his lap. Bokuto quietly shushed him and rubbed his back as the younger cried.

After Akaashi calmed down he told Bokuto how he felt overwhelmed with everything, loads of pressure from his parents and his peers, and how he felt lost because he didn't know what to do.

Bokuto listened as he talked and comforted him to the best of his abilites. The day ended with Akaashi asleep in Bokuto's lap. Bokuto took him upstairs and sent a message to the rest of the team that the two of them would take the day off tomorrow. 

After that, Bokuto held Akaashi as he fell asleep.