Part 4 Chapter 6b

a/n: the edit is me imagining Scott trying to think of random things to say to Ophelia in the hallway since she wants to stay single but he wants to stay relevant in her life 😭

tw: heavy sexual content (nothing too graphic), mentions of past abuse, mentions of past sexual assault

a/n: also just a reminder Ani isn't at the camp so you guys don't have to be worried about her being around every corner 😂

The day of camping went smoothly. They all set up tents, walked around the sight, had dinner. The dinner wasn't great, but Ophelia liked the fact everyone ate at the same time. The whole senior class ate together. Ophelia liked how loud it got. Boys were funny when they were eating.

The football table was basically yelling the whole time. She would overhear them, and it would make her laugh.

But she liked her table the most. Her, Justin, Marisa, Tony, Clay, Charlie, Tyler. Yeah, for some reason the junior Charlie came. Apparently to keep the football team in check. Maybe Kerba didn't trust Scott to do it properly.

Ophelia kept glancing at Scott during dinner. He was sitting with Diego and the rest of the guys. The way he laughed with them, Ophelia figured he wouldn't be a real chaperone. But hopefully Kerba hadn't realized that.

Ophelia spotted Winston walking through the tables, holding onto his dinner tray, looking for a seat.

Justin was talking across from her, but she interrupted him to say, "Hey, Winston! You can sit over here."

Winston looked surprised, but smiled graciously. "I don't mean to interrupt your group."

Ophelia, who was sitting at the edge and next to Marisa, forced her to scoot over to make room.

"No problem, we have room."

Winston took a seat, thanking her.

Justin shared a worried look with Clay and Tony.

"How have you guys been?" Winston asked the table.

"I've been great," Ophelia answered, happily. "Oh my god, I've been having so much fun. Me and Marisa already checked out the river."

They went to the river as soon as they had free time, because Ophelia immediately wanted to see what she was getting into when agreeing to meet Scott there in the morning.

"I'm glad," Winston told her. "It can get stressful out here." Winston looked straight at Clay. "You need to make sure you tell people where you are, what you're doing, or you could end up lost or hurt."

Ophelia didn't notice his hard gaze and just said, "I have a map and some bandaids."

"None of us are gonna be alone," Justin told him. "So you don't have to worry about that."

Ophelia frowned at the hostility in Justin's voice.

When dusk came, all the students were sent out to find five sticks each for the campfire. A small quest produced by Mrs. Jensen.

"Luke, these don't count," Mrs. Jensen told the football player. Ophelia looked towards the front of the area to see that Luke had tried handing her three twigs, two of them snapped in half to make it look like five.