Die with a Smile

Warnings - Suicide tendencies, protector type trope, lovers to lovers, protection, blood, gore, death mentioned a lot, Bucky Barnes in love, Bucky Barnes desperate for his loveeeeee, whatever this is because I lost the meaning of it a week after I started writing this

This song has me in a CHOKEHOLD

Me and my fiance are having this song as our first dance, and no one will say anything mean about it because we LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

Anyways. Enjoy.

I, I just woke up from a dream
Where you and I had to say goodbye
And I don't know what it all means
But since I survived, I realized
Wherever you go, that's where I'll follow
Nobody's promised tomorrow
So I'ma love you every night like it's the last night
Like it's the last night

Bucky was speechless as he stared at the ceiling. There was nothing to make him realize he was still in bed besides your arm draped across his body, breath shagging into his neck even though you were cold enough to freeze him all over again.

But it was comforting after the nightmare he just had. He couldn't grasp it correctly, not when his fingers dance with the simple velvet box he'd purchased three months ago. You were clueless of his intentions, of what he wanted to do with the rest of his life. You had no idea Bucky was going to propose. And neither did he. Because for the life of him, he wasn't sure how to do it.

Until now.

Bucky kissed you goodbye way too many times. He'd had panic attacks with the very thought he'd never see you again, and with the terror from his dream still haunting his waking mind, he was sure he was going to do it at this very moment.

"You okay?" Of course you were awake, your hand slipping up his chest gently to message the muscle of his pecs. He sighs, eyes finally closing at the feel of your touch. He couldn't take it much longer. "Bucky, you awake?" You're exhausted. Your voice was carrying him to sleep, but he stops himself to give you a gentle hum in response.

"Marry me," he says moments later. Bucky was serious now, getting up from the bed as you sit up. The lamp clicks on, and your eyebrows are scrunched together, lips pursed as you look at him. He was on one knee, smiling as your hair skewed in every way possible. "Y/N Y/L/N, you make me the happiest man on Earth. I can't imagine losing you someday, and I want you to be my wife in every lifetime Strange finds. Will you marry me?"

You were silent. Here your boyfriend was, on one knee at two in the morning, a beautiful ring in his hands meant specifically for you. It matched all your other jewelry, every design delicate, not a single scratch, polished just for your hands. It's been awhile since you saw the receipt from the store he bought it from, but he said it was Steve who bought it and he kept it so Natasha didn't see.

Of course it was a cover up.

"Yes-yes, of course." You were on the floor with him in seconds, holding him with tears cascading down your face. Bucky was the love of your life. He was everything you ever dreamed of, how could he not be your husband? How could you say no to him when he seemed so perfect right here on the floor in nothing but sweatpants?

You couldn't.

If the world was ending
I'd wanna be next to you
If the party was over
And our time on Earth was through
I'd wanna hold you just for a while
And die with a smile
If the world was ending
I'd wanna be next to you