Chapter thirty six✨

•••••The past caught up with me•••••

    Allie was seated on the edge of her bed as she stared drastically into space.......

"I know you don't like me, its okay. But you cant hate me, because you don't even know me"

"I do. You're my uncle Marco's pm..."

"Am sorry for how we met."

    She had missed the presence of Gwen in the mansion and that was a fact. The courage she had to compel people to becoming her friends and her kindness was the main vibe about her.

    Allie heaved a belated sigh as she reminisced their funny moments together. She face-palmed herself not knowing what to think on why Gwen had quit working in their house.

    She glanced at the direction of her door as she heard a loud but polite knock. "Only mum knocks that way," she muttered mentally and said, "its open."

Thea walked in carefully not to make unnecessary noise. "You're not sleeping." She said but it sounded more like a question. She sat beside her troubled daughter.

   Allie shook her head positively. "I cant sleep," she answered curtly.

"Why?" Thea asked, patting the middle of her head tenderly.

   Allie glared at her immediately. "Mum am not a kid anymore. Why wont anyone tell me why Gwen isn't around? Gigi said she quit?" She shrugged questionly, expecting honest answers.

    Thea corrected her instead; "aunt Gigi." She smiled warmly.

"Stop it mum. When will y'all stop hiding things from me?" Allie whined.

    Thea thought carefully as she cupped Allie's right cheek in her soft palm. She licked her lowerlip and cleared her throat. "You're right honey. I should just tell you the truth."

   Her little teenager watched her intensely.

"Your uncle Marco fired Gwen. But honey whatever it was about, am sure it'd pass soon and Gwen will come back to work here," she said quietly with an assuring smile but Allie did not buy it. She waited for her reaction.

"That is so hard to comprehend. I thought they were cool already?" Allie asked in a very confused state as her brows gradually curled themselves into a furrow.

"Don't think about it honey..... I'll make sure she comes back... Whichever way i can," she promised and smiled again, "you should go to bed." She leaned in and pecked Allie on her cheek, "goodnight."

    Allie made no reply. She drifted into complete space, staring at nothing in particular with wondering eyes.
                        ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
     Marco was seated in his office, operating on his computer when Zara walked in unnoticed. Marco could feel her presence but paid her no attention.

     She made for an empty chair opposite Marco's but his large desk demarcated them and she fixed herself in it comfortably, gazing at Marco. Her lashes flushed as she scanned Marco's handsome face sequentially then to his lips and imagined kissing them brutally. Her eyes drifted to his muscled arms and she bit her lips hard to control herself, as she fantasised what those strong hands could do to her.

     Marco glanced at her and back at his system with ease. That too, turned her on. "What are you doing here Zara?"

"Ouch!" She purred unreasonably and Marco flicked a nonchalant brow at her. She did not feel embarrassed though. "Harsh much....."

     Marco relaxed his back on his arms chair, waiting to hear her reason for being here. He stroke his chin gently with his thumb and forefinger malefully.