Chapter thirty nine✨

•••••Hell break loose••••••

     While Marco and Zara were dancing, he wouldn't stop glancing at Gwen. He hated the way Handsome's hand came around her waist. He looked away. "Let's go outside," he muttered to Zara and pulled her abruptly.

     Zara gasped as he dragged her, "where?" She asked but he made no reply.

     After they got outside, Marco flung her hand away. "What the hell were you thinking?" He queried angrily.

"What do you mean by that?" She asked back obliviously.

"I made it clear to you Zara that we're nothing. I wouldn't want the press to think otherwise and start publishing rumors about us being together."

"Marco, why don't you see how much I love you?" She moved closer to him, "I'll give anything just to be in your arms again-- I'll do anything to lie in your bed again, naked!"  She reached for his hands by his side.

     Marco stared at her expressionly. "No matter how much you fantasize about getting into my bed again Zara, we can't work out." He said with a note of finality and withdrew his hands from hers, walking away.

    Zara just stood there motionless and disorientated. She wiped her eyes furiously and scoffed.
                       ▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️
    Marco went back into the hall with his eyes all over the place for Gwen but she was nowhere in sight and so was Handsome.

"Sir Marco, ma'am Thea asked for you." Bianca said to him but he ignored her, still looking around.

"I don't have time for this Bianca--" he finally said back rudely and left.

     Still searching for Gwen, Marco burst out in the patio and stopped in his tracks as he sighted her and Handsome from a distance of which they were engaged in a heated romance, from his point of view. Gwen had her hands pressed to the front of Handsome's chest and he was holding her close.

      Marco watched as Handsome leaned into her and could not fathom what else they were doing. His eyes could not be playing tricks on him right?....…..

     Marco caught Handsome graze his lips against her shoulder and heard Gwen moan. Was she really deriving pleasure from what he was doing to her? Holding her like that?

    This same woman made him feel things he never thought he could feel again. She made him want more out of life. But right now, the beautiful castle he's been building in his illusion came crumbling down in one swift action.
                       ▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️
"Where could he be?--" Thea paused as she saw him. She smiled to herself and attempted a step in his direction but stopped when she saw what he was staring at.

     Handsome and Gwen.

     She gaped her mouth wordlessly and drifted her eyes back to Marco and sighted his clenched fists by his side.

     Marco shook his head in disappointment and walked away.

    Thea wanted to clear her doubts about what she was looking at so she kept observing Gwen and Handsome. In a swift movement, Handsome pushed Gwen away and she staggered on her heels. He walked passed her.

    Thea watched as Gwen clasped her chest and slid against the wall to the ground with her face buried in her hands. She started whimpering softly.
                       🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹
     Marco yanked his room door open and slowly walked in. He raked his hand into his hair and chuckled with the base of his throat.

     She looked down on the bar counter and picked up his glass of wine and splashed it on his face, feeling victorious. She cocked her head at him with an angry lipped up smile."This is what men like you deserve!" She walked out on him--