Chapter twenty✨

<This chapter is dedicated to Tokzealous for a very unique and beautiful cover for these book.... Thank you so much!!😘😋>

        :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

            •••••Rush of emotions•••••

     Marco helped Kalil out of his car and found Stella standing outside the gate.

     He went over to her with Khalil's left hand crossed over his shoulder for support.

"Kalil you're soused!" Stella panicked, rushing to meet them.

"Yes, he's wasted," Marco affirmed with a chuckle, "and am glad his fiancée is home to take care of him."

     He removed Khalil's hand over his shoulder and stretched it towards Stella.

     She took his arm and crossed it over her shoulders as she locked her hand around his waist to steady him.

     Kalil buried his face in the crook of her neck and found her waist.
"My beautiful Stella...." He mumbled, tickling her with his nose.

    Marco swallowed his laughter and clasp a hand over his mouth in a funny way. "Do your thing Stella.... I'll be going now." He announced and leaned down to drop a quick kiss on her left cheek.

"Thank you so much Marco!" She cooed gratefully and watched as he leave.

    Marco waved as he entered his car, then drove off.
                           ▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫
"Please sir Marco." A tear dropped from her eyes, wetting her lashes. "Mel's all I have."......... He was thinking again and he hated it. He just could not get the picture of Gwen out of his mind.

     Marco reached for his phone on the passengers seat and dialed a number.

The person you are calling is not available to pick your calls.

"Damn it!" He cussed under his breath angrily. "Why the hell isn't she taking my calls?...."

What if I just pass by her neighborhood?....... No! No! Bad idea Marco!...... She's on leave remember? Get a grip!.... I'll just glance through her window and am out!...... He decided and nodded his head in confirmation. He dropped his phone down on the passengers seat again.
                           ▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫
     Marco's car halted on the other side of the road, while he stretched to take a peek into their apartment. He groaned when he found it hard to see a thing, and then stretched more. He finally saw Mel pacing round the room with her phone in her hand. She really looked sick though, but then again, where is Gwen?... She had told him she was going home to take care of her friend.

     He searched around the house with his eyes but she was nowhere in sight.

Maybe she is inside the kitchen, but why does her friend seem bothered? He wondered in curiosity.

     Marco started the car and drove off.

     After a while, still passing through their quiet neighborhood, he kept glancing from side to side and with the speed of light, he stepped on the brake fiercely like he had seen a ghost. He sighted two huge looking men forcefully carrying Gwen while she was struggling. Seem like they were trying to abduct her.

     Marco stepped out of the car and took few steps towards their direction without saying a word, and guess it took them minutes to realize his presence.

     One of them flinched in shock when he saw Marco and so did the other. They both dropped Gwen quickly like a heap of clothes, not caring if she was hurt in anyway. They both straightened their suit jacket, ready to fight.