Chapter twenty one✨

<Dedicated to Chadwick Boseman👑😪🤧>
         :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

            •••••Remembrance•••••

[Five years back]~~
"Are you nervous?" Thea asked Marco as she worked her fingers on the button of his white shirt. She grinned up at him.

    Marco sighed anxiously, "what can I say? My heart's pounding." He smiled down at her eyes.

    She brushed her hands over his shoulders and sucked her teeth. "It's your day, so be happy. Dad will be introducing you to the company, as his son and new CEO. I can't be more proud."

     He smirked and leaned to plant a soft kiss on her forehead. "I love you," he declared.
                           ▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫
"Are you ready son?"

Marco turned to meet his father's loving gaze at him. He mustered a defiant smile and nodded.

Today he was going to be introduced to his surrogate father's company as his son and awaiting CEO, Marco Pete Gerald. The man sitting beside him has loved him like a real son. Something his biological father was not capable of. Bearing his last name was the best thing that has ever happened to him and his sister. What more could he possibly ask for?

"Yes dad. Am ready." He said with a lot of courage.

This is it. This is where life has brought you, so far. Accept it whole heartedly, Marco thought with a lipped up smile.

His father straightened his bowtie for him and gave him one last promising look, before making his way out of the car.

Marco mouthed a 'thanks' and also got out to see the huge erected sky scraper waiting for his leadership. A future to behold. A company made of pure glass from starting to finish. His breathing hitched as he gasped in admiration. He felt a hand crossed over his shoulder and gasped even more.

"Welcome to my empire son," his father uttered proudly. "Wait till you see inside."

A frown crossed Marco's face instantly.
Was he only concerned about me taking over his CEO-ship?.... Its also my birthday, or did he forget? He wanted to ask out of curiosity but never found the courage to.

"Let's go in..." His father ushered him in as they both walked in a line.

After they were in, Marco's jaw dropped to the unexplainable, magical, stunning view in sight. Though there was nobody to be seen and that marveled him too. Where was everyone?... These was supposed to be a company.

"SURPRISE!!" A lot of people shouted happily as they cheered loudly and continuously.

Marco gaped his mouth at the enormous number of people in sight. Some standing on the lifter, some at the lobby. Countless of workers everywhere. His eyes flicked around and spotted a creamy big decorated cake on one of the staff's hand.

"Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday to you!!
Hip! Hip! Hip! Hurray!!!
Hip! Hip! Hip! Hurray!!!" They all chanted joyously.

Marco flipped his head to look at his father's eyes dancing with happiness. "You remember?" Marco queried him in surprise.

"Of course son! How could I ever forget this special day to you?"

Marco smirked, still in shock. "I thought it was all about attaining the CEO-ship."

"You and your sister mean the world to me." His father declared into his left ear.