Chapter fourty eight✨

•••••the person I try to hide•••••

"You don't really mean what you said back here right? You only did it to spite Zara."

    Gwen thought for a while before replying through the phone. "Yes. But I was serious when I said I'll work for you. I meant it."

"What changed?" Thea sounded surprised.

     Gwen shrugged and said, "I don't know but I'll take your offer, but ma'am Thea on one condition. I can't quit my job at the restaurant. I can actually make it work merging both my duties together. Working for you and at the restaurant please....."

"Fine," Thea sighed. "As long as you're here."

"I'll start next week. Sir Marco doesn't have to know please?"

"Sure."

    The line went dead and Gwen tossed her phone gently on the bed. It couldn't have been jealousy right?
                           🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹
    Marco grudgingly opened his eyes and reacted negatively when the sunrays reflected on his brown orbs. He got up in a sitting position and rubbed his face tiredly. His phone rang and he picked it up. "Hello Senegal?.................... She's always been like that, very vulnerable but don't stop following her everywhere and make sure she doesn't see you or else she'll be scared..................." He cut the call.

"About last night......." His mind flashed back at the club and he slowly gaped his mouth-- "wait!" He eagerly looked up something on his phone and palmed his face in regret. "Zara's guts!" He cussed and sprang up, going into the bathroom hastily.
                         🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹
"Is something bothering you? You look pale like you've been thinking about something." Mel had asked her earlier but she gave no reply. But ofcourse something was bothering her! Marco Gerald......

"Gwen?! Are you okay??" Her colleague at work asked, noticing how she stood static with a spaced out expression, staring at nothing in particular.

     Gwen blinked several times before looking at her "hmm?" She hummed in response.

"Are you okay?" The lady who looked a bit above thirty with a big forehead asked again and Gwen chuckled nervously, scratching her nape.

"Am fine," was her reply.

   Her colleague shrugged, "if you say so," and went back to her duty post.

"Get it together Gwen!" She scolded herself calmly and shut her eyes, inhaling and exhaling slowly. On opening them back, she caught sight of Marco standing in a lane across thier shop and he was staring at her profusely with his hands in his denim pockets through the glass that sheltered their restaurant.

"What's he doing here?" She soliloquized to herself, staring back at him. He looked so tamed just standing there in a blue t-shirt, black denims and converse that guided his feet, not to mention, his hair looked dangerously messy as they tangled and it marveled Gwen how he still looked so irresistible. She choked and started coughing, turning away from him, her back facing him from the distance. "Ignore him Gwen...... He's not here for you. Just work and earn your pay like you're supposed to," with these mantra in her head, she spinned back to face the counter, completely disregarding his presence.
                            ▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️
    Marco dialed a number and placed the phone to his right ear. "Don't bother anymore about today. Go home to your family............................... Ofcourse I trust you Senegal, there's just something I need to do so I'll watch over her today............................ I'll take it from here--" he hung up and on looking back at the restaurant, he could feel Gwen's eyes all over him and a smirk played on his lips but he concealed it immediately as they lock gazes. She looked away sharply.