Chapter eleven✨

•••••Alone•••••

     Marco turned back again and noticed Gwen was completely engrossed in the music playing loudly to her ears and he called her several times but she could not hear him calling. He scoffed impatiently and looked ahead.

     And on turning back for the nth time now, he spotted a range rover moving on it's highest speed and he quickly took long steps to Gwen and wrapped his left arm around her tiny waist, yanking her roughly to the hard wall of his chest.
     Immediately the car passed with the greatest speed of light, blowing her hair out of it's normal style. Some strands falling out of the bun on her head while she stared into his now angry eyes with her shocked ones, almost pulling out of their sockets.

     She could still hear the sound of the car lingering in her ears, like a very loud whistle.

"Are you crazy?! Are you always this careless?! You could've been hit- dammit!!" Marco shouted at her, bringing her back to reality after her ear buds were now out of her ears and hanging around her neck.

"Am... S-sorry", she stuttered while she was quivering.

"You are totally insane!" He said abruptly and forcefully unwrapped his arm around her.
     He started going ahead, leaving her behind to battle with her emotions.

     She staggered a little before she could regain her stamina with endurance.
                     ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Gwen was finding it very hard to locate her way to the kitchen in the massive Geralds' mansion. Unfortunately, she bumped into someone in the hallway while she was looking around for it.

"Am so sorry", she apologized sincerely, helping the little girl up, who fell flat on the tiled floor.

"Sorry?" Allie echoed back rudely, jerking her hand away from Gwen's hold after she was back on her feet.

     Gwen furrowed her brows unexpectedly at the little girl's attitude.

"You should have watched where you were going! Are you always this careless?!" Allie fumed.

Okay! Double insults in one whole day.. I think I've had just enough! She should be the little ma'am Allie. Gwen rolled her eyes at her own thoughts and placed her hands on her hips, now glaring back down at Allie.

"Well? Are you just going to stand there?! Apologize?!" She commanded with clenched fists by her sides.

"I just did." Gwen shrugged questionly, making Allie more annoyed.

"It's so obvious you're new here, ain't you?" Allie scanned her from head to toe and almost burst out in hysterics when she spotted her red sneakers but cleared her throat thoroughly, looking up at her face again.

"You're right. So can you please show me to the kitchen?" Gwen leaned her hands on her knees, now eye leveled with Allie.

"What? You're not nice!" Allie stated grumpily and walked out on Gwen who stood up straight in confusion.

"Great!" She muttered under her breath and continued her endless journey to the kitchen.
                        ▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫
     Gwen finally made her way into the kitchen, with the help of one of her colleagues.

"Thanks", she smiled at Misha who offered her a glass of water and she drank it all.

"You're welcome." Misha returned her smile with a generous grin. "How is your first day going? Or in other words, how was your first day? Because the today is almost gone."