Chapter fifty✨

•••••No way out•••••

    It was nine in the morning and all the maids have resumed duty in the mansion, even those coming from far distance like Mel.

"Good morning," Gwen greeted as she entered the kitchen, smiling politely.

"Good morning," her colleagues chorused in reply.

"Wow Gwen, am glad that you work here again with us!" One of them exclaimed happily.

"Ofcourse. That shows how much she's important in the mansion!" Allie's nanny remarked.

"Am jealous," Misha added and cast Gwen a playful smirk. Gwen giggled.

"Stop it you guys. Am here for a reason by the way. It's not like I resumed duty as sir Marco's personal maid."

"Still....." Misha persisted and Gwen smiled even more.

    Nora walked in laggardly with her fingers stroking her chin thoughtfully.

"Nora, is everything okay?" Mel noticed her spaced out behaviour and asked. She glanced at Gwen who was also staring at her and their eyes clashed.

"I don't know but I think something's wrong. Haven't anyone noticed something odd?-- no--" she looked at Gwen-- "Gwen! Have you noticed anything? You live in this mansion as do I"

    Gwen thought for a while. Sir Marco did not come home last night and she hasn't even seen ma'am Thea too since same last night. Could something be wrong?

"I haven't seen ma'am Thea or sir Marco since today!" One of the maid said sharply like she read Gwen's mind.

"Yea that's true.... Isn't it awkward?"

"--Guys!" A maid rushed in, "I just saw sir Marco going up the stairs and his hands were bloody." She announced.

"What?!" Nora screamed in disbelief.

   Gwen's eyes widened immediately as she glared at the informant in shock. What could've happened?!  
                                   🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹
"She's in a very unconscious state and to be very honest with you, she has a slim chance of survival." The doctor had said earlier when they rushed Caris to the hospital.

"Does that mean she'll die?" Thea's voice shook with whimpers.

"We're trying our best madam to save her at all cost but one thing is certain right now, the fatal injury in her head caused her brain to swell and bleed, so it is only normal that a medically induced coma will help her brain heal from the severe swelling and internal bleeding for the time being that she's out." He explained.

   Thea could not believe her ears. "Are.... You.... Saying that.... That my mother is in a coma right now?" She stuttered and clasped her left hand over her mouth, shaking her head as tears pooled her eyes. Her legs felt weak causing her to stagger back a bit.

"Apparently yes. I advice you wait for a year before she wakes up or even longer." The doctor said again skeptically and shook his head pitifully before walking away.

   Marco heard this from where he stood rigidly and without hesitation he turned around and walked away too.

"Marco!!" Thea screamed in his direction but he ignored her. She fell on her knees and wept bitterly.

   He didn't want to see her in that condition. The condition he'd put his mother in. Marco sat down on his bed with so many thoughts running through his head. Tears constantly weld up in his eyes but he kept blinking them back in.