Chapter fourty one✨

•••••Death will render•••••

[The day before]~

   Marco respectfully shook the man formally dressed in army uniform in front of him. Judging from the vertically aligned crossed swords, two stars and one eagle, all in gold and on both shoulders designed on his neatly worn uniform, he was by no means an ordinary officer but a General.

    The man sat down, smiling calmly, and ushered Marco to a sit adjacent him. A table stood in their middle.

"You're all grown up now young man. Are you here because you want to return to the army?"

    Marco smiled and shook his head. "I need your help," he said instead.

"You know you've always been like a son to me. If it's something I can help with I'll do it. How's Thea?"

"She's fine," he replied and paused, "am here because of Handsome."

     The man flicked his brows. "Handsome? You mean your half brother?"

     Marco nodded and heaved a sigh. "I believe you can help me that's why am here..........." He went on talking for an almost an hour as he stated his deal and what he wanted the General to do for him.

"Fine. I'll help you get back what you lost for old time's sake!" The man agreed to help and that lightened Marco's mood alot.

"Thank you," Marco said delightfully and stood up. They shook hands again.

     Marco made to walk out of the office but the man called him and he turned on his heels.

"I hope you return to the army one day. You used to be one of our best recruit then and I believe you still have the passion for it and when you're ready, your promotion will always be waiting for you." The man said sentimentally and saluted, standing very stiff.

"You're in no position to continue comrade. Take the year off until you get well........."

    Marco scoffed smilingly and did thesame for almost a minute before he exited the office.
                         🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹
"Marco? This idea of yours, are you sure it's going to work?" Thea asked skeptically as they dined together.

"It has to. It's my only chance of exposing Handsome's true character to the public and getting my shares of M-corporations back."

"Then after that, will you apologize to Gwen?"

     Marco was quiet, looking down on his dish. He raised his head up to Thea. "Yes. Maybe then I can tell her how I truly feel, knowing Handsome is out of the way for good and she can't get hurt." He answered.

     Thea smiled at his smartness. "Am proud of you," she declared. "You're all grown up now and decisive." She leaned in on the table and poked his dimple.

    Marco laughed and shook his head.

[Present day]~~

     Marco stood in front of a remote abandoned area with his hands in his pocket. He studied around sullenly and touched his ear. "Am going in," he announced and took a step.

"Be vigilant. The camera on your shirt will record everything and we'll broadcast it Livestream. Just be smart enough to know when to press the alarm on your watch and we'll be right there," the man Marco shook hands with, from earlier explained carefully.

     Marco nodded. "Yes sir!" When he entered, he saw nobody at all and then he yelled for Handsome to come out but two huge men came out in sight instead. "Who sent you?" He asked but they gave no reply.