Chapter fifty six✨

•••••Maybe it's time to keep that promise•••••

A/N😪
Ok guys this chapter is going to be tough and heartbreaking and definitely not what you've anticipated....
But just bear with me through it all...
I believe we deserve that happy ending we've been expecting but.... It comes with a price.....
Sacrifice I guess........😢
Am sorry if am scaring you but sometimes d happy ending taries..😪

   Gwen sprang up in a sitting position immediately she opened her eyes, breathing roughly.

"You're awake. Again."

   Handsome's deep voice echoed and her curious eyes flew to where he was seated comfortably in a plastic chair across the wide room. He smirked as he caught her examining herself cautiously. "You don't think I would've tied you up right? Though you were blabbing alot, and I swear I couldn't stand it, but let's be clear on this; you're my guest so there's no way I'll mistreat you."

   Gwen noticed her outfit was different from what she was wearing earlier and she panicked, now glaring daggers at Handsome. "Why am I putting on this slutty dress?! And what did you do to me?!" She yelled, looking down at herself again. She clasped her left open palm to her exposed cleavage as the v-neck of the dress was much wider.

     Not answering her question, his eyes roamed her body seductively. He bit his lips and clashed gazes with her fierce orbs. " Like I said, you were blabbing too much so I had to shut you up for real," he stated calmly.

    Gwen remembered what happened.....
"I can see you're not scared enough to close that offensive mouth of yours. I should help you shut it."

She watched him tilt his neck slowly, like a signal, and someone appeared behind her from nowhere. She hadn't realize someone was behind her all this while. Something stung her neck, causing her to flinch in pain as she clasped her palm over her nape. The last thing she saw on his face was a thin smile before she blacked out.

   Handsome caught her in time before her body got to the hard ground. He snaked his arms around her thighs and lifted her unto his broad shoulder, turning to the guy that injected her. "Next time, be gentle," he said like a warning and pushed past him roughly with Gwen hanging unconsciously on his right shoulder. Her hands swinging from side to side as he walked to the bed.

   Gwen gasped as the memories came rushing to her. "You're so inhumane! This is abduction!" She cried.

"You don't know what it means to me to have you here. I don't think you understand the fact that I can't live without you....." His voice was calm and alluring as he spoke.

"And it makes it okay taking me against my will?"

   He scoffed and looked away. "I see the way you look at him. It makes my skin crawl and all I just wanna do is to make you mine by hook or by crook. Don't you get it?.... It's funny how you're never going to be that way with me right?..... You hate me so much that you just wish I'd disappear into thin air, but that's not going to happen, cuz' I won't let you slip from my hands ever again."

   Gwen slowly shook her head, glint of tears clouding her vision as she swallowed fearfully at his dangerous tone. "You are going crazy..... You don't love me..... What you feel for me is purely obsession....."

   Handsome laughed. "Call it whatever you want sweety. You're mine!" He declared and stood up majestically, walking to her. He squatted to her eye level and raised a hand to caress her face. "You have two options like I offered earlier. Agree to marry me and we'll fly out of the country to wherever you want.... It's that simple, or," his voice went dangerously low as it reduced into a whisper, "decline my proposal and I kill Marco so you both never get to end up together....."