Chapter One✨

Her phone alarm beeped on her bedside table as she slowly opened her eyes and silenced it, getting up.

     She fix her tiny feet into her slippers and raked her fingers through her black full lengthy hair in front of her mirror and twirled her index finger around her beautiful charm bracelet with a loud scoff.

     She shut her eyes at the feeling of the sharp pain that crossed her head, "ahh! Kill me now...." She groaned as she entered into the bathroom and quickly brushed her teeth.
                            ▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫
"Gwen why are you up early? I told you I was going to take care of the chores today". Mel said to Gwen who was jogging down the stairs that was not even up to six steps with a grin on her face only to see a male strange face in their cozy three bedroom flat.

"Hi pretty, good morning..." His bass voice came out leaving Gwen disorientated and she just nodded quickly in response.

"Anyways you're looking good," Mel cooed but Gwen gestured at her with wide eyes and she immediately understood the body language. She straightened her face and smacked the shirtless guy beside her. "Okay Jason I think you should leave right now, my friend doesn't want you around."

     Jason glanced at Gwen who threw her face away guiltily.

"At least-" he smiled seductively going closer for a kiss but Mel brushed his chest, pointing her hand towards the exit door.

"Just get lost okay? I'll call you.." She shunned him with a glare and he quickly walked over to the sitting room that was not far from their small but comfortable kitchen and picked up his shirt on the sofa, walking out the door.

    Gwen sighed in relief. "Mel?" She called for an explanation with folded arms and stern face, making her look more prettier than she already was.

"Sorry about that". Mel made a skeptical face as she met her friend's eyes.

"You brought a man to the house! Our house! What happened to our lady rules?" Gwen glared at her.

"Sorry, I forgot. I couldn't resist his handsomeness..... And besides it was just a one night stand". She shrugged nonchalantly.

"Which makes it worse. You shouldn't throw yourself at guys. They suck!!" Gwen made an irritating face at her own words only at the thought of it.

"So now you're lecturing me?" Mel rolled her eyes with a sigh.

"Am just telling you what could happen in the nearest future". She said in concern.

"That's funny. You've never even dated before, so what do you know about relationships?" Mel asked sarcastically.

"Was that supposed to sound like an insult of some sort?"

"Sorry, am just curious. And trying to tell you to get a life... And find someone who'll be glad to be a part of your boring activities. To tell you the truth honestly, I had fun last night at that party".

"Yea. And ended up bringing a stranger to the house".

"You were just being too feisty last night... Did you see the handsome man that wanted to dance with you and you refused... What's that his name again?" She racked her brain to remember.

"Handsome". Gwen helped.

"You see, his name is even handsome. How could I easily forget?" Mel shook her head in disappointment.

"Please don't remind me, that guy is a jerk... He was only trying to get in my pants- can you imagine?" Gwen threw her hands in the air, demonstrating.

"Yuck! How dare he?!" Mel clutched a hand around her throat and made a disgusted face.