Chapter Six✨

•••••Hardened beast•••••

[Gwen's POV]~~
  At night, I gently sneaked out of the girls hostel and tiptoed my way out of the orphanage. I jumped a high fence so that I would not be caught.

     I started running very fast without turning back, finally i stopped at a quiet spot and sat on the long bench behind me. Tears weld up in my eyes as they fell freely.... Now I have nothing to live for.
      The only woman who has ever truly loved me is gone. My perfect- not perfect life was also gone. I has nothing to go back to.
      I need to start a new life, away from the orphanage. I broke down in tears and buried my face in my tiny hands as I could not contain my pain.

"Are you okay?" A female voice asked as I looked up at the beautiful woman in sight.

     I maintained an hesitating quietness.

"It's very late for you to be out by this time. The neighborhood isn't friendly at night". The woman said to me again but I just sniffed.

"Where are your parents?"

     I suddenly burst out in tears again, as I had not expected her to ask me such a question.

"I have no parents". I finally bawled in my tiniest of voice and the woman sucked in a shocked breath.

"How old are you?" She patted my rough hair gently.

"Eleven". The woman smiled kindly at me and wiped my tears with her palm. I just stared at her motionlessly.

     The woman stretched a hand to me and I slowly took it and stood up.

"Let's go home". The woman smile broadened but I did not return her smile as I was eager to meet my new family.

       From that day onwards, Gwen inexperienced life, game over. Mel's mother took me in as her own child, but died few years later.
     Why you Gwen? Why you?...... Everyone always leave... They never come back for you. Now you are trying to get some pieces of your life back, you meet someone whose only intention is to ruin it. If only he knew your story.

     What are you doing Gwen? This is not what sister Martha would have wanted for you. You should be striving for a happy life.

     Tears weld up in my eyes as I waited on the ground, bleeding. Waiting for him to take advantage of me.... Even after hitting me.

     This is it... Am scared sister Martha. I shut my eyes closed as tears rolled to the corners of my ears. I failed you-

     The man on top of me fell to the ground suddenly, bleeding through his left ear as he held it. I could not see clearly as I was intoxicated.
      He received round of punches in his face as I just laid on the ground, too weak to stand up and run. I did this to myself.

     The huge figure walked up to me and I tried to adjust but he picked me up, looking straight into my eyes and then I got a very clear view of his face. Marco Gerald.....
     I widened my eyes in surprise as we both kept boring gazes into each other's eyes. My eyes slowly traveled down to his arms rapped around me. Is he cradling me in his arms? Carrying me in a bridal style?..... A little smile curved my lips gratefully and then I felt my vision started becoming blurry.

     I shut my eyes instantly in his arms and my head fell back.
                        ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
"I don't understand you Handsome". Gorero asked, bemused.

     Handsome scoffed and a smile curved his lips. "You did your part well but I had to carry out my own research and it went well, exactly like I thought it would".