Chapter fourty four✨

•••••Philophobia•••••

After Marco finished on the phone, he turned back to Gwen and a faint smile crossed his lips. His smile transformed into a frown before she could even notice it.

He just stared at her from a distance, his hands hanging awkwardly at his sides like he was restraining himself from doing something. She noticed this.

"I--" his words stopped in his mouth as soon as he heard the door swung open. He paused and glanced at Mel who rushed in anxiously.

"Gwen are you okay?!" Mel asked in deep concern, examining Gwen's face and body.

Gwen grinned amusingly. "Were you worried?"

Mel tutted and smacked her arm lightly. "Silly girl! Ofcourse I was worried!!" She whined and smiled finally, pulling Gwen into a warm embrace. "I thought I lost you...... Never take risky decisions ever, do you hear me?"

Gwen nodded and glanced at where Marco was standing earlier but he was no longer there.

He left ....... She sighed disturbingly.

"What's wrong?" Mel asked, releasing her carefully. "Do you still feel pains?"

"A bit," Gwen answered and tried to move her right shoulder but winced.

"Are you hungry? Should I get you something to eat?"

Gwen stared at her for a while and scoffed smilingly before nodding, "yes."

"I'll be back." Mel patted her face softly before exiting the ward, leaving Gwen to ponder in her thoughts.
▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️
"Mel! Can we talk?"

She stopped in her tracks as soon as she heard her name and looked at Marco leaning against the wall with his hands in his pocket.

"Sir Marco...." She bowed gracefully. "Am sorry-- I din see you back there. I got excited Gwen has woken up--"

"I know you hate me for what happened and you might think am not the right man for Gwen." He said suddenly.

Mel shook her head. "That should be up to Gwen. I only care about her safety."

Marco stood straight. "Am glad you're getting the message."

"What?" She asked bemusedly with furrowed brows.

He took a step closer. "Handsome absconded from the hospital--"

Mel's eyes widened.

"Am sure you understand what that means--" he glanced at Gwen's ward and back at Mel-- "she's not safe. Not here, not in your house either. Hasn't Gwen told you? Handsome's mad about her....... And I know him. He'll do anything to make sure he gets her-- by hook or by crook." He explained quietly.

Silence overruled the atmosphere.

"Why..... Are you telling me this?"

"Because you care alot about her and you don't want to see her get hurt again. It might sound funny how am about to say this but...... Am the only one who can protect her from Handsome. She'll be safe if she stays at my house."

"It should be up to Gwen to decide where she wants to stay--"

"Am pretty sure am the most hateful person in the world to her right now!" He cut her off abruptly.

"So, are you saying I should talk to her about it?"

Marco nodded curtly.

"Sir Marco?..... What do you feel for my sister?" Mel summoned all courage to ask with challenging eyes.