Chapter eight✨

•••••Memory lane•••••

[Thirteen years back]~~
Marco and his elder sister pursued their mother tirelessly while she kept running far far away from their reach.
That did not stop tears from generously pouring down their eyes.

Their mum finally stopped, after they've ran like a mile away from their home.

"Marco stop! Just stop! Ain't you tired of running after me?! Just go back home!!" She cried, yelling at them from a distance while panting.

"Mum please...... Dad already did enough.... Don't abandon us please..... You love us so much remember?...." Little Marco pleaded in tears while his elder sister rapped her arms around him soothingly to comfort him.

"Mum... What do you think you're doing?.... Leaving us behind?" Thea asked her, also sobbing, but angrily.

"Your father hurt me.... I don't wanna see him again! Ever!!.... And looking at you both makes it worse!.. Because I love him.... He's your father.... I can't take you both away from him...." Their mum explained.

"So you're leaving just like that?!... For Christ sake mum, you don't wanna do this!!.... You're the worst mother in the world!" Thea declared on top of her voice obdurately. "No doubt!" She hugged her sobbing brother more closer to her and he rested his head on chest with her hand clasping over his smooth face.

Their mother burst out in tears uncontrollably. Thea's word sunk deep like daggers in her heart and she hugged her chest painfully.

I've got to do this!.... "I agree Thea.... Totally. Just don't run after me anymore.....". Her voice was shaky.

"Mum please........" Marco still begged, clutching the hem of Thea's sundress.

She took gentle steps towards them after a moment of silence.
While she walked sluggishly to their direction, thunder struck and it began raining heavily, drenching their clothes mercilessly.

Finally, she stopped in front of them and pulled them both into a group hug. She leaned her head down and kissed their soaked wet heads.

Marco found her waist and snaked his arms around it tightly. "Please......" He whispered within gritted teeth.

"I love you both..... So very much... And am sorry...." She wept, her lips still resting on Marco's head, then Thea's.

"We forgive you mum..", Thea spoke.

She unwrapped her hands around them gently and shifted back slowly, smiling ruefully.

Marco and Thea both watched her in surprise as she took careful steps away from them.

She wiped her eyes strongly with her palms and said finally, "I need to go far away from here". With this, she turned her back against them and took the greatest walk of her life. Away from her kids without looking back.

"Mum!!!!!!!!" Marco screamed on top of his lung trying to break free from Thea's grip.

"Let her go Marco...." Thea consoled him and he drew her into a sad hug tightly. Both being soaked in the rain.
                     ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
For days Marco never ate a thing neither did Thea.

Few weeks later they moved down to the barracks with their dad who brought his illegitimate son along, whom his mother died few weeks later of leukemia after her secret affair was exposed.

Their father never asked about the whereabouts of their mother for once. Instead he made it a habit to always beat up Marco who later found favour in the eyes of the other soldiers residing in the barracks and they taught him some skills of being a strong man and how to defend himself in trouble.
                       ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Marco wanted to pass in the hallway when his half brother blocked his way, glaring daggers at him.