Chapter twenty eight✨

•••••Love or lust•••••

    Gwen tried to get up but Marco persistently held her in place.

"I wasn't ordible enough?" He asked seductively and his eyes roamed her eyes.

"Are you....... D-drunk?" She blurted out mistakenly and widened her eyes at her question.

   Marco's mood twitched as he now made a slightly provoked expression but smiled to conceal it, in order not to scare her away. "Seriously? That's what you ask me? After last night?" He raised a brow disappointedly.

   Her brows knitted in confusion, "last night?....."

"Don't play dumb with me Guinevere!" He raised his voice abruptly, making her flinch a little. "So, are you just saying what happened last night between us, was a sympathy fling?" He was now angry. "Fine, it was a mistake, so it'll never happen again." He sprang up from the bed and made for the door--

"Am scared...."

    Marco stopped in his tracks, pressing a leg forward as he heard Gwen's shaky voice. She sounded really very scared like she said. He turned on his heels back to her and he spotted the glistening tears that has formed in her eyes.

"Am scared," she repeated, sitting up.

"Of what?" He asked.

"Of falling. Of wanting to be close to you. Do you still love Zara Packard?" Her eyes softened as a tear breached her eyelids.

"How'd you know we were together?" He asked again, going closer to her.

   Gwen started to tremble as he got closer with every step.

   He paused and tutted annoyingly. "You're scared of me," he remarked and flung his hands in the air.

    She shook her head frantically and clutched the duvet to her body tightly. She looked away with tears running down her cheeks while she whimpered.

"You're quivering. That says it all." He sank in gently beside her on the bed, watching her calmly.

"Your presence screams power, authority... Dominance!--"

"Am not a bad person!" He snapped defensively.

"It's not just you.... I'll never fit in your luxurious world. Am nothing like Zara Packard.... And am so stupid! Foolish!" her eyes softened, "tell me... Why do you keep on saving me? Always coming to rescue me like it's a normal thing.... Holding me in places, no man has ever touched me before. You stole my first kiss, It's a sin! I don't want to hurt you or make you hate me."

  What did she mean by that? Marco stare in her face turned into a confused one.

"She still loves you. I know she does. Sir Marco please let me resign, I don't want to complicate your life," she pleaded and took in a sharp breath.

    Marco fiercely pulled her into a passionate hug, burying his face in the crook of her neck and nuzzling it with his pointed nose.

How could she ever think that she was complicating my life? Marco thought deeply. Only if he could find answers quickly.

     Gwen felt like it was the safest place on earth as she settled there in his arms. She found his neck and wrapped her hands around him strongly. "I'm in love with you sir Marco," she professed amidst sobs.

   Marco said nothing in return but started caressing her silk hair softly. "I've got you Guinevere....." He whispered dearly, still stroking her hair in the most tender way he could.