Chapter twenty five✨

••••In due time•••••

[Zara's POV]~~
    At the party, I had sighted the love of my life, the only man that has claimed my heart. I blushed as I felt the butterflies flutter in my stomach, still gazing at him. But he was with a woman, a beautiful woman, I bet am more prettier than she can ever be.

"I'll be two minutes late before I return to my seat with you by my side. Am saying; don't follow me," I said rudely to my bouncer standing beside my chair as I shot him a warning glare.

"Yes madam," he nodded obediently at me.

"Good." I stood and brushed my hands over my dove floral cutout mini gown to look presenting in his eyes. Here goes.... I heaved a sigh and gingerly walked up to their table.

"Marco honey....." I cooed as his back was against me and to my surprise, he shot me a disgusted glare.

"Zara--"

   I heard the woman standing beside him mumble excitedly but before she could complete my name, she kept her mouth shut instantly.

Who on earth wouldn't recognize me? Am the most popular actress.... So I don't blame her.

   I diverted my gaze to her. "Who's this?" I asked Marco, eyeing her irritatingly. I noticed the excitement in her face wiped off. Was she puzzled?

"She's my fiancée." He answered me casually and I felt a stinging pain in my chest.

"What?-" I mouthed, trying to maintain my composure. The woman's shocked eyes met mine but she looked away sharply. I felt broken within me, I was hurt. "I see...." I cleared my throat, "thought you haven't gotten over me."

  Marco pulled the woman closer to his side and I swear, I caught her jolt, like she was scared of him or something. I just knew something was amiss. She stared up at him and he leaned down and whispered something into her ear. And before I could process what was going on, he kissed her on the lips! He freaking kissed her!! And before it started, the kiss was over.

    Marco turned his face to meet mine as I staggered for balance. My whole body dropped and all I could feel was numb. I felt devoid of emotions as I fought back painful tears from racing down my cheeks. My eyes hurt from what I just witnessed... What about my heart? It was bleeding!

"I guess you understand what that means." Marco said and smiled like nothing just happened. He took the so called woman he claims as his fiancee and they both walked out on me.

Aaahhhh!! I wanted to scream out my pain right now.

    If there was something I knew about Marco, he was heartless to the people who had hurt him and I hurt him. So I deserved this. Handsome played me!!!!! Now I lost the only man that I have ever loved.

   I just had the feeling that he had nothing going on with that woman. I was going to get to the bottom of the whole truth. Marco belongs to only me and me alone.
                        ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
"Ma'am how was the flight?"

   I drifted out of my thoughts as I heard a female voice at my side.

   I smiled up at her, "just fine. These suite looks perfect for the shoot," I commented and gazed around the place irritably.

"What would you like to have?"

"Champagne please," I ordered.

"On it," she said and left.

    My smile wore out gradually as my mind flashed back to when I saw Marco and his bitchy, fake, fiancée:

"Nice to meet you," I said nicely in the most friendly tone I could use. Marco must not know that I have met his fiancée before. If he does he'll despise me more for sure.