Chapter fourty✨

•••••If love a rebel•••••

     Thea found Gwen sitting beside the pool and weeping convulsively with her head into her laps. She heaved a drastic sigh as she took gentle steps towards her.

"Gwen," she called out softly, touching her shuddering shoulder.

     Gwen looked up at her and smiled ruefully, quickly wiping her eyes with the back of her palm. "How did you know I was here?" Her voice shook as more tears continued to blur her vision. She kept wiping her face repeatedly.

     Thea sat down beside her. "what do you think?" She asked back.

      Gwen shook her head and chuckled lightly as she sniffed, "I don't know."

"You know, you can give up on Marco if you want to. I won't force you anymore, no woman deserves to be treated like that. No matter the gravity of their offense. I still can't believe Marco tried to force himself on you."

      Gwen was speechless as she looked away in shame.

      Thea cupped her hands gently in a soothing way. "You don't have to hide it. I was eavesdropping and I heard everything he said to you-- every vulgar language."

       Gwen shook her head in defense of Marco. "He was drunk ma'am Thea--"

"Don't cover up for him Gwen. It's time to move on from my brother, but I promise you that he'll come looking for you one day."

"Does he hate me that much?" Gwen shook with tears as she asked and Thea squeezed her hands.

"Give Marco time Gwen. Fighting to make him understand that you were used is okay but what is not okay is loosing your values while doing that. I can't just shake the feeling that all this is my fault because I pushed you to him even when I know how tempered Marco could be sometimes. You deserve more Gwen." Thea told her with an assuring smile.

      Gwen smiled back and nodded. "Thank you."
                        🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹
"Thank you very much for your patronage. I hope you come again." Gwen said to a customer smilingly as she waved goodbye to them.

      After they were gone, she puffed her cheeks and sighed. "Get it together Gwen and work!" She said to herself and rotated her neck to the sides.......
                        🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹
     Gwen chuckled aloud as she conversed with her colleagues.

     Marco could hear her soft laughter from inside his car. A smile curved his lips and he tutted plaintively.

     Marco came out of the house to find Thea properly dressed like she was going to the office. He blinked surprisingly. "If I clearly remember today's my turn," he said to her like a reminder.

     Thea turned to him gradually with her hands akimbo. "As you can see, am all dressed and besides you really don't fancy going to the office so I thought it'd be best to walk in your shoes today--"

     Marco furrowed his brows at her use of words

"--because I don't think you're in a position to handle the company today. So why don't you take the day off?"

Marco scoffed in disbelief and bit his lower lip. "Are you indirectly suspending me Thea?" He muttered with squinted eyes at her.

"You can say that again! I think you need space and time to think about what you really want Marco." She finalized and got into the backseat of the car, waving at him.