Chapter fourty two✨

•••••Save her•••••

[Marco's pov]~~

      After that night at the bar, I could not stop thinking about her. The young woman who had splashed me my drink on my face just because I asked her for a nightstand. Am pretty sure most women would kill to be on my bed. Immediately, I picked interest on her and wanted every information about her.

     I looked down on my desk and picked up the file Senegal had brought in earlier, containing information about her. Guinevere. A middle class woman who grew up in an orphanage but was later adopted by someone. I smirked as I went through her file because I knew, for sure, that she had no connections to fight me if I decided to ruin her life. Take this as a chance Marco.

    One night, while I was at the bar with Khalil, I had seen this same lady there too. She was talking to a guy next to her who ended up taking her outside and something just didn't sit right because according to her friend, she's been feisty since they were teens. I followed them out a while after, leaving Khalil alone.

    On getting outside, I noticed the stranger was taking her to a closed area and I followed quietly, unknotting my tie cause I was ready to kick some ass! I stopped and observed them from a distance. I flicked my brows in surprise as I saw her kick him in his balls vigorously, trying to run bit he yanked her back and punched her hard across her face, sending her to the ground.

    She cried, holding her cheek. I watched as the bastard started advancing towards her with a devilish grin on his face. He knelt before her, loosening his belt.

    I made to move but halted. At that point, I knew I needed to save her. I would've saved any other woman in that situation, but then again, I felt this rage surge through my veins as I saw tears in her eyes and I could not understand why!

   Immediately, I took angry steps towards their direction and punched the bastard from behind. He fell to the ground, groaning in pain and holding his bloody ear. I was not satisfied. I bent over him and continued to give him round of punches in his face. He just coughed out blood, wheezing. I was boiling with anger. I could feel it.

    I got up and took gentle steps towards the girl's direction and I swear as soon as I set my eyes on hers. My anger died down like a total submission to her charms. She resented but I picked her up in my arms and our gazes locked.

    She was shocked. I could tell from the way she was glaring at me.

     I stared back too and before I knew what was happening, she smiled faintly at me and shut her eyes, falling into a deep slumber.

    From that day onwards, I knew I could not see her get hurt because I would not be able to handle it. I had to find a way to always feel her presence and I guess I succeeded by forcefully making her work for me as my personal maid.

    I guess I could not protect her afterall......

     I lifted her unconscious body in my arms, running out of the warehouse as soon as I heard the ambulance. Nothing else mattered to me right now. Just her. I've always made up silly excuses when caught for saving her. The reason was because I was oblivious to the liking I've taken towards her,

    But......

    I laid her on the stretcher and watched with teary eyes as they fixed an oxygen to her nose, trying to revive her back to consciousness with their hands placed to her chest. The nurses pressed on her continuously as they pushed the stretcher into the ambulance.

     I was wrong. What I feel for Gwen is enough to make me go insane if she dies. I love her.
                        ▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️
    She kept going in and out of consciousness as she laid on the stretcher being pushed by the people she could hardly recognize or see their faces, because her vision was blur and her eyes were getting heavier by every passing second.

     She was bleeding profusely as she was quickly rushed into the surgery ward and they closed the door immediately.