Chapter twenty seven✨

•••••If Caris•••••

[Thea's POV]~~
"Thank you very much," I gave the florist one of my signature smiles and she returned it gladly, handing me the bouquet of chrysanthemum flowers. I sniffed them happily and moaned, inhaling the sweet fragrance.

"Welcome to Bene again ma'am."

    I nodded appreciatively at her hospitality, "Merci," I replied, walking out of the shop with the flowers in my hands like they were my most greatest possession.

    Just outside the shop, I was about unlocking my car-door when someone gripped my wrist. It wasn't hard. The person gripped my hand tenderly like he or she had been waiting for the perfect time to talk to me. I turned my head to my right to see the person and my jaw dropped at who it was. Caris Moore, my mother.... The woman who abandoned me and Marco. My left hand felt too weak to continue holding on to the flower and I unclutched my hands around it and they all dropped noiselessly.

    I had come to Bene republic to carry out some business deals for my surrogate father. If only I had the slightest idea that my mother would be here too.

    My heart tightened at the sight of her and my lips now curled up in a disgusted way as I continuously stared at her blankly like I was lost.

"Thea...."

    She dared to call my name. After everything....... How pathetic!!

"How dare you come to me? How dare you hold me like that?" My surprise turned into fury as I raged. I didn't want to care what the hell she was doing in Bene republic and how she saw me.... I cared less about her. All I wanted to do this instant was to spit on her deceitful face and call her a bad mother!

"Please let's talk......." She said again, more softly this time. Seems like my harsh tone didn't do it's trick by scaring her off so she would think I was not the same Thea she gave birth to anymore. But of course I wasn't the same Thea anymore. Through the hard years, I've gone through a lot of rough times.......... I was just even getting over the fact that I was now a mother.... Through rape!!!!!

"There's nothing to talk about!" I snapped discreetly, trying to ignore her presence and get the hell out of this place but she gripped my wrist tighter but not hard enough to hurt me. I spurned to shoot her a threatening strong glare, "what's your problem? You're indirectly assaulting me," I said, almost raising my voice. I shuddered at her sympathetic face and looked away.

"Please..........."

    My heart paused as I heard her soft pleas and then felt the drop of her tears on the back of my palm. I quivered and looked back at her flushed face. She was now deeply in tears, staining her blushed cheeks and the sight of her, like that, only made me realize one thing....... I've missed this woman more than I could ever imagine.
                       ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
  Two weeks. Two weeks since I saw my mother. I couldn't get her out of my mind and my system. I needed to see her again. I felt strong arms wrapped around my waist and a head buried in the crook of my neck, inhaling my bodily scent. Marco. No one else but Marco. I smiled to my self and placed my hands on his.

"Am making your favorite," I mumbled lovingly, still smiling.

"I know...... I was going to beg you to prepare it once I get home..... Dad was persistent on us coming home together," he explained, nuzzling my neck. "Allie?....."

"Asleep," I answered him and breathed in deeply, waiting to ask the one question I've been dying to ask him ever since I found our mother, "Marco?.... If you ever see mum again, what would you say to her?" I asked with so much desperation in my tiny voice. I heard him sigh deeply.