Chapter twelve✨

•••••Spy•••••

[Three days later]~~
     Marco and Gwen were both inside the car, reigning in the atmosphere of quietness, except for the cool whistling breeze penetrating through the opened windows, caressing their skins.

     Marco sat at the other end of the passenger's seat and so did Gwen. He was looking out the window profusely and her eyes did not leave his face for a minute.

     After seeing him in the pool the other day, she had been keeping tabs on him and updating Handsome on any slight information she was able to grasp. She also discovered that was his thinking spot every night, and she never failed to spy on him through the corridor.

Is what am doing worth it?... Do I really have to be a spy on him? Bet he doesn't know am watching his every move... Or does he?.....

"What?" Marco asked abruptly, like he read her mind, grasping her out of her thoughts.

     She blinked at him and looked away, shaking her head.

     He had caught her staring at him continuously without blinking.
"Why are you staring at me?" He asked her again, expecting a reply.

     She shook her head again.

    His eyes traveled down to her hands relaxing on her laps and he noticed the way she kept squeezing her charm bracelet nervously.

"Do I scare you Gwen?" His question came out softly, making her suck in a deep breath for it was unexpected.

"No!" She glanced at him, "you don't scare me..."

"What's with the bracelet?"

My sister Martha gave it to me as a gift.. Before she died. I squeeze it every time am nervous and not certain because I know she is there... Inside my charm bracelet. I never take it off.... She replied in her mind, looking down at it on her right wrist.

"It's beautiful..." He commented bluntly with a smirk and turned to the side window again.

"Thank you."

"Mention not!" He replied, his gaze not leaving the roadside as their car passed through erected tall buildings.
                      ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
"There's something I need you to get for me Gwen. I want to know the secret behind his business success, and only you can help me. That is the only way I can be one step ahead of him, and am sure he'll be very hurt with that! So Gwen.... I need the documents containing details and information about T&M group of companies. It comes with a huge price Gwen.... #20million"

     Handsome had said to her earlier while they were in a restaurant, which she found the offer so tempting.

     Now she was standing outside Marco's room with different thoughts going through her head. She turned to her left and to her right but she saw no one and she sighed before twiddling the knob, slowly sneaking into the room.

     She quietly closed the door behind her and started searching for Marco with her eyes but he was no where in sight.

     "Sir Marco is probably out, because since you both came back, I haven't seen him since then. So I don't think he's in his room."

    Gwen sucked her teeth in relief. "How could I not remember what Misha told me earlier about him going out?" She went to his wardrobe and was about to open it when she heard someone's footstep and the doorknob was twisted, making her jolt with fear.

     Marco walked into the comfort of his room and was shocked to find Gwen standing outside in the corridor, pretending to gaze at the city.

"What are you doing?" He interrupted her with a question after taking gentle steps to where she stood.