Chapter eighteen✨

•••••Fiery knot•••••

    Marco was in the corridor when he heard someone come into his room. Though he did not turn around to see who it was.

"Uncle Marco?" His niece's tiny voice echoed in his room.

"Finally, you got over it!" He exhaled and turn to gaze at her.

"Don't you miss me?" She asked soberly. "You don't even care anymore. See why I was against you getting a personal maid? You don't love me anymore." She expressed, almost at the point of crying.

"You know you're my world Allie. You were acting like you needed space and you left me no choice...... "

     Her lips started to tremble.

"Now don't do that. Remember big girls don't cry." He teased her lovingly and went over to her side. He scooped her off the floor and kissed her head. "If you cry, I might just have to throw you down from here," he threatened her playfully and she burst out in laughter as her hands were clung around his neck.

"I miss you uncle Marco," she confessed sincerely.

"You have to promise me something, will you?"

     She nodded in agreement.

"You'll try to get along with Gwen and with every other of our house workers, deal?"

     She was hesitant before she spoke out, "Gwen is out of it." she refused stubbornly.

"Thought you said you liked her?" He feigned a tiny confused voice.

"I did... Past tense!"

"Okay, then maybe we have to take some more breaks apart from each other," he teased her seriously, threatening to drop her down but she held on to his neck.

"Okay fine!" She concurred quickly, "I'll talk to Gwen!" she emphasized on her last word sarcastically with the roll of her eyes.

     Marco chuckled manly and stopped. "Where's your mum?" He changed the topic.

"Out! She left early." Allie answered. "Uncle Marco?"

"Yea?"

"You're missing something very important....." She reminded him and he thought for a while before pronouncing the word, "I love you world greatest niece!"

     She blushed satisfyingly.
                       ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
"Mel!" Gwen screamed out of excitement and hugged her friend. "Thought you were never gonna come today you know, you're very late."

     Mel released her, looking at her face, "criticize me enough okay?" She raised her both hands in surrender, "our provisions are finished!" She whispered out of anyone's hearing.

    Gwen giggled, "did you have anything to eat this morning at all?"

"Yes! Bread and tea." She replied.

"I missed you-"

"Don't! You saw me yesterday.." Mel cut her off immediately.

"I followed sir Marco to the office remember?"

"Oh!.... Sorry."

    They both walked into the house together.
                         ▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫
     Gwen and Mel were both engrossed in a conversation, laughing hysterically when Marco walked into the kitchen. They both stopped and sprang up from their seats.

"Good morning sir Marco." Mel greeted gracefully.

"Thanks," he nodded slightly and diverted to Gwen. "Am going out and I don't need your assistance today. I'll soon be back." He announced and fixed his black face cap well on his head.