Chapter fourty six✨

•••••apology•••••

Gwen knocked gently on the door and waited for Mel to open up, patiently shifting from one foot to the other.

The door opened eventually and Mel stood in the doorway, surprised at Gwen's unannounced appearance. "Gwen," she mouthed, "is everything okay?"

"Hmmmm," Gwen hummed and nodded curtly, pushing her way inside the apartment.

Mel closed the door behind her, still gazing at Gwen. "Are you supposed to be here?" She asked, lifting her brows in confusion.

"What are you talking about Mel? This is my home." Gwen retorted calmly and sat down on the sofa.

"How do you feel?-- I mean your injury," Mel asked, sitting beside her.

Gwen nodded positively, fidgeting with her fingers. Mel studied her expression and got the message that everything was not okay with her friend.

"If this is about sir Marco, I understand--" Gwen fixed her gaze on Mel. "Yea I can't actually relate and you alone know what you're feeling. I just want to know if he hurt you......."

Gwen was quiet. She shook her head hesitantly, still playing with her fingers.

Mel puffed out her cheeks and sighed. She took Gwen's hands in hers and squeezed amicably. "Did he say something then?" She asked again.

Gwen spaced out as her mind flashed back to what Marco had said to her;

"I love you....."

Those very powerful words reverberated in her head and just like a fountain, Gwen burst out in uncontrollable tears, weeping transgressively.

Mel became dumbstruck, not knowing what to do. She drew Gwen into an embrace, patting her back tenderly and soothing her.

Gwen did not stop crying, her shoulders shuddering as she wailed endlessly. Tears soaking her face. She held on tighter to Mel.
🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹
Marco and Caris both sat opposite each other in a restaurant with a round table distancing them.

Marco's lips separated but he could not process words as he was anxious. His hands resting on the table.

Caris's lips curved into a thin smile. "I didn't think you would want to meet sooner that's why I never bothered calling you because I didn't want to make you detest me the more."

Marco exhaled gently. "By any chance," their eyes met. "That woman. What if she never forgives him?"

Caris mopped at him bemusedly, trying to understand his question and her thoughts drifted to their last discussion.....

"Can a woman still forgive a man who hurt her?--"

"Oh" she mouthed in reference and chuckled softly. "Why? Has he tried?"

"Tried... What?"

"I know I said a woman loves with all her heart but, it depends on the man. If he can try to win her over again and give her every reason to stay with him," she explained.

Marco spaced out. "After telling her that she was just a stain he wanted to erase?..... After treating her like she never really did matter to him while she did?" Caris listened to him attentively as he spoke with great solemnity. "He even put her life in danger. At some point..... He almost took advantage of her inexperience and...." He paused "he tried to force himself on her because he was jealous. What kind of a woman wants to be with a monster like that?"

"Does she know he tried to take her forcefully out of jealousy?" She interrogated.

Marco shook his head, "he never gave her the chance to know."