Chapter four✨

••••• "You're fired!"•••••

"What are you doing here?"

     She swallowed, looking around nervously. "I work here," she replied carefully.

"What?" He raised a brow.

"I work here..." She replied again and this time around their eyes met. Totally met!

     She's looking more prettier than the last time we met... "I am glad we meet again. You remember me Gwen don't you?"

     She shook her head slowly.

     Marco chuckled and stood up, going closer to her while she kept moving away with each step. He finally stopped in front of her and she summoned courage by looking into his deep eyes.

"What do I do with you Gwen?"

"I'm sorry... I had no idea you were..... I was soused. I had no idea what I was doing...." She stuttered with trembling lips.

     He just kept staring down at her like she was some kind of snack with an amused smirk on his lips that exposed his one-sided dimple on his right cheek.

"I'll work my ass out to make sure I serve you..." Her eyes softened and he just scoffed at her pretense.

"You know I promised to make your life a living hell when I find you again. The world is really a small place." He stroke his chin triumphantly knowing she was completely at his mercy this time around. His eyes went down to her wrist and he noticed she was touching her charm bracelet nervously, and in the blink of an eye, he poured out these words, "You're fired!"

    His words came out in a loud echo, leaving her in complete shock but in reality, he was calm.

What?! You can't fire me! You weren't the one who hired me!!! if only she could say these words to him defiantly.

No Gwen, this must be a dream, wake up! A tear slipped down her cheeks as he went upstairs. "He's so mean!" She said judgementally and wiped her tears angrily.

"Gwen are you okay?" Mel asked rushing to meet her. "What happened? Misha told me-"

"I'll meet you at home..." She smiled ruefully and left that spot, leaving Mel confused.

    What could he have said to her?... She wondered.
              ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
     Gwen stood immobile on the shower ground while warm water rained down on her as she was reminiscing about the past....

"Gwen i bought you a gift." Sister Martha put a charm bracelet over her little wrist and she grinned happily.

"thanks," little Gwen smiled as she admired her bracelet.

"Never take it off, no matter what. Even when am not there, it'll look after you for me." She sounded very sad.

    The little girl looked at her in confusion and frowned, "Sister Martha are you going anywhere?"

    Sister Martha blinked a tear back and smiled ruefully. "To tell you the truth Gwen, am sick," She announced frankly with a shaky voice.

"What's wrong with you? Does this mean that you're leaving me anytime soon?" Gwen's lips trembled as she asked curiously. 

  Sister Martha tried her possible best not to cry. "Yes Gwen, i have a disease called malignant meningioma and it's killing me slowly. I hate to say this but i don't have much time left."