Chapter fourty five✨

•••••I love you•••••

     Handsome vigorously threw a bottle of wine towards the direction of the television after listening to the news. He sprang up in anger, breathing hard. The bottle shattered and so did the screen of the television.

"This was never part of my plan! I've lost everything-- all because of Marco! I swear am gonna kill him!" Handsome declared viciously.

    Zara stood up in alarm. "You'll do no such thing!" She challenged him as their gazes met. "You're forgetting am helping you because of Marco," she reminded him.

"Well, as you can see, nothing is going according to plan. Am now a fugitive because of your stupid love!" He retorted.

"I believe there's something we can still do!"

"Something..." He echoed impatiently. "Something- what the fuck are you talking about?! I can't even use my credit cards! I fucking need to leave the country!!"

      He was breathing hard.

"What's your plan?"

"I need to know how Gwen is doing first. Am taking her with me."

"You can't. I heard she's been discharged and just so you know she's not at her house. She's with Marco." Zara reported nonchalantly as she sneered but he did not see her.

     Handsome scoffed. "The bastard Marco."
                              🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹
     Marco walked laggardly into the house, taking the stairs gradually as he went upstairs.

     He stopped right in front of the room Gwen was staying and gently twisted the knob, entering inside. He froze at the peaceful sight in front of him.

     Gwen sleepily turned to his direction, lying on her left side as she slept soundly. She breathed.

     Marco stifled a satisfied laughter and went to sit on the bed. He gently stroke her soft hair before his hand rested on her face. He studied her closed eyes, pointed nose, and her tender lips.

     Her face has never looked so peacefully beautiful before. Marco smiled and pecked her forehead before leaving the room.

"You're here!"

     Marco turned to surprised Thea.

"Yes. I just thought I'd talk to her but she's asleep." He tried to make an excuse.

"Lame," Thea remarked amusingly and shook her head. "Whatever." She attempted to walk pass him but Marco gripped her wrist swiftly.

"What?" Thea met his distressed eyes.

"I really want to talk to her but I don't know how," he confessed. "Am sure she despises me alot right now."

"And how would I know that"-- Thea shrugged-- "when you haven't attempted to even apologize?"

     Marco scoffed impatiently. "Are you doing this on purpose?" He asked her.

"Doing what on purpose?" She asked him back.

"I know you're on Gwen's side Thea, no doubt. But can't you see how sorry I am? You think I don't want to resolve all this?"

    She jerked her hand away. "Then fix it so I can be sure where to help. With mum too!" She said ferociously and left him standing there.

"Did she grow hard overnight?" He soliloquized to himself, sighing drastically.
                            🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹
     Marco let the water from the shower cascade down his body as he remained static under it.