Chapter thirty one✨

•••••That beautiful feeling•••••

    Gwen just sat at the back in deep thought as they drove through the quiet road. She kept twirling her bracelet nervously, and trying to cover the exposed portion of her thighs. Fault of the floral purple gown.

"You look nervous right now!" Jake mocked at her and chuckled hard, glancing at her through the rearview mirror.

    Gwen scoffed, "that's because I am nervous. You won't tell me where you're taking me to!" She confessed.

"You shouldn't be. Marco isn't like this with women-- at least not after Zara Packard. You should feel very lucky."

"Zara Packard?" She echoed questionly.

"You know what? Forget I said that. Just trust sir Marco. You won't regret it," he advised and smiled.

   Gwen just shrugged but said nothing more.

    After some minutes, which felt like hours, they got to their destination and Jake rushed to open the door for Gwen. She gently stepped out, trying hard to keep her balance on her newly bought heels.

"You din have to Jake," she quibbled but he grinned.

"I couldn't help it." In an instance, he was back inside the car, gripping the starring wheel. Gwen just watched to know what he was about to do. He wasn't planning on leaving her in the middle of nowhere, was he? "Have fun!" He screamed and drove off.

"Hey!" Gwen shouted and sighed heavily, "great!" She huffed and turned around to look at everywhere, placing a palm to her forehead. "Where am I?" She soliquized, still looking around, thinking she was lost.

     Her phone started ringing inside her clutch purse and she dipped a hand and brought it out.

"Hello?" She said over the phone, very much in a confused manner.

"Gwen?"

    Marco's masculine voice came out clearly on the other end of the line and she stiffened. She quickly cleared her throat. "Good evening sir Marco," she said back. "I think am lost... I don't see you anywhere." She sounded rather scared.

    Marco let out a soft chuckle and exhaled. "Walk straight down and you'll see me. Am waiting," and he hung up.

     Gwen started taking few steps towards the way Marco had directed her hesitantly and was shocked at the stunning view in sight.

    Candle lights leading the way, and rose petals scattered all over the ground in a passionate manner. A smile found it's way to her lips while she continued gazing at the decorated ground.

    Finally, halting at a spot, she slowly lifted her gaze to meet the most stunning and beautiful view she had ever seen in her life. She gaped her mouth and used both of her hands to cover them. She could feel tears forming in her eyes. Tears of happiness.

    She definitely was not expecting any of this.

    She sighted Marco standing at a corner with his hands deep in his pockets. He was indeed admiring her from afar. His eyes could tell it all. She gently took careful steps towards him as their eyes locked. He smirked and she blushed. God! What was wrong with her?

"You're very beautiful tonight Guinevere. You look ravishing in that gown," he complimented, with a silly boyish smile plastered on his lips. He moved a step closer to cover the space between them, leaning his face down to her eye level.

   She swallowed, looking deep into his hazel eyes. Though he wasn't dressed properly but still looked as handsome as always. The first three buttons of his shirt was undone, exposing a generous amount of his muscular chest and his black tie hung loosely around his neck.