Chapter fifteen✨

•••••The big reveal•••••

[Gwen's POV]~~
"Am tired of the hardened man he had grown to be... You know where to find me Gwen.".......

"The truth is Marco doesn't like me telling anyone about it. He detests the past.... A lot!".......

"You only got to know sir Marco, but I can tell you that he's not as arrogant as he claims to be. I think he's lonely deep down. You should always see the way he clings to ma'am Thea."......

     Now everything was starting to make sense to me......

     It has been weeks and i kept noticing a lot of strange and awkward things about his behavior. One time, he is being so condescending and the next time, he is acting like this cool, kinda broken guy beyond repair....... Somewhat nice to me at some point.

     I could not stop the words and thoughts that were lingering and reverberating in my head!! Am gonna burst from shock, I swear.

     Now I totally understand why he was always alone at the pool side every night. It was to think..... He and his sister had been abused when they were younger.

     Now no doubt he was the one who saved me that faithful night. He still had some good left in him. Handsome Moore was the stupid illegitimate son. No wonder he always had that creepy and conspicuous look on his face. He tricked me.... He tricked me!!

     Oh my God!!!! I feel like tearing up right now. What have I gotten myself into?... I misjudged Marco Gerald. Sister Martha would be so ashamed of me!!!!....

     I could not stop the tears that clouded my vision as I continued to stare at Marco's dazzled face wordlessly>>

     Marco continued to stare at Gwen's face simultaneously as their intense gazes locked.

"Are you okay?" He furrowed his brows on seeing the tears that had formed in her eyes, so he decided to ask.

"Mark....." She mouthed frantically with a stutter and the continuous blinking of her teary eyes.

"What?" He grimaced and narrowed his eyes at her.

"N-nothing!" She regained her composure and wiped her eyes defiantly, looking away from his curious expression.

     He stretched a hand to pat her left shoulder nonchalantly and she flinched. "I think you need to sleep Gwen..." He advised, "Jake will take you home tomorrow morning." He withdrew his hold and walked out of the kitchen lazily.

     Gwen felt herself stagger and finally lean on the counter beside her. She clutched it hard with her fingers and gripped her charm bracelet nervously. She tried so hard to steady her breathing but she was just too shocked and drained at the moment.
                    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
"I want out." Gwen told Handsome confidently as they both stared at each other simultaneously.

     He tutted in disapproval. "What do you mean you want out?" He asked her, crossing his hands on the table that distanced them both.

"You lied to me, now I know the whole truth! You tricked me into doing your dirty work for you! Into becoming a spy! I don't want any of this- so I want to quit!" Gwen responded strongly in a high pitched voice.

"I lied to you?... So what exactly did you find out?" He searched her face sedately but in a ferocious manner.

"I know you're the illegitimate child! I fucking saw the scar on sir Marco Gerald's body!!.... You're so brutal and wicked!!" She eyed him venomously.