Chapter thirty three✨

•••••The going gets tougher•••••

[Marco's POV]~~

"I don't want to hurt you or make you hate me--"

"I don't want to complicate your life!"

    She had become a suspect but i was skeptical.... I badly wanted to know how on earth she got to meet my half brother. He seem to have a problem with her each time i caught them talking. I could not shake the feeling that something was up between them.

    Gwen was too innocent to be investigated so i ignored whatever connection she must have had with Handsome. But then again, history won't stop repeating itself in my life....

   At the board meeting...... Him getting to know my niece's name...... Breaches of secured information...... Was all Gwen!

    Now i get it. Handsome was smart enough not to tell me that she was his secret source but kept giving me hints. He wanted me to find out on my own and worse... Hate her passionately.

    He just hit the bull's eye-- checkmate!>>

    Marco scoffed aloud in disbelieve and could feel tears starting to cloud his vision but he shut his eyes closed and took a deep breath, gulping very hard. His Adams apple was very visible in sight. He pressed his lips together and nodded his head frantically. "Why does this hurt so much?...." he muttered to himself painfully.

"Sir Marco--" Gwen whimpered softly in regret and tried to go closer to him.

    He waved her hand off before she could succeed. "It was you Gwen," he repeated hoarsely. His voice turning more cold and that only hurt her more. "This is a lot of shit to take in right now." He said slowly and reflexly raked his fingers through his hair like a maniac.

   Gwen was now in tears as she stood still, waiting for whatever comes next.

"You work for him, don't you?" He asked fiercely as he took slow dangerous steps towards her.

"No.... I was going to tell you," she whimpered still but did not move an inch.

"Tell me what? That you were spying on me? That you were going to betray me in the end? That everything was a lie? And you were just faking it when you said you said you loved me-- tell me what?!" Instantly he yanked her arm roughly and she winced in pain.

"No!..." She shook her head vigorously and tried to take a step back but Marco's hand held her in place. "I actually fell in love with you.... Please let me explain.... He tricked me!"

"Fuck! Stop acting like you're so innocent cause you're not! You're a traitor Gwen and a god forsaken opportunist!" He yelled at her angrily and she stiffened, staring at his bloodshot eyes. After some seconds after their eyes locked, Marco's face turned pale as tears trickled down his cheeks uninvitingly. "Why Gwen? I was ready to give you everything... I was ready to tell you that.... That--" his voice choked as he looked down and bit his lips hard as the tears continued to fall endlessly. "That--" his voiced cracked again. "That i love you too...."

"is everything okay? I heard voices." Caris looked very concerned as she walked into the kitchen, staring at Marco and Gwen quizzically.

    Gwen quickly cleaned her eyes with her palms as Marco let her hand go. Not bothering to look at his mother, Marco cleared his throat and sniffed loudly. He looked at Gwen. "I beg you in the name of whatever it is you serve, before i return here, please be gone, or else I'll hurt you so badly and i wont regret it," that was his last cold final say and he walked out the door without saying a word to Caris who now figured that something was definitely wrong.