Chapter twenty three✨

•••••Birthday and a kiss•••••

    Marco kept smiling to himself dreamily as he recalled what happened earlier today between him and Gwen.

They were still gazing at each other when Nora walked in on them.

    Marco jerked his arm roughly out of her hold and glanced at confused Nora.

"Uhm, sir Marco, I was going to prepare something for you before you leave for the office-"

"That won't be necessary." He interrupted her and turned to look at Gwen's embarrassed face. "Today, Gwen will make me something to eat--"

    Gwen wrinkled her forehead as she looked back at his face.

"Besides she is my personal maid. That's what she's supposed to be doing." He said with a note of finality, giving no rooms for objection, he walked out of the kitchen.

    Someone knocked and entered without his permission.

"Hi...." He said to Thea groggily.

"How was work today?" She sat beside him and started massaging his foots gently.

"Stressful!" He let out a sigh.

"Don't forget you have some things at hand." She said in a reminding tone.

"And by that, you mean, governor Fredrick's invitation."

"Yes."

"Don't worry. it's part of my schedule for the week. And again, am taking Gwen with me."

    She mopped at him while she raised a brow.

"Don't look at me like that. I din plan that. I need to have a fiancée to be there. Turns out he's fond of Gwen."

"Who wouldn't be?"she rolled her eyes at him.

"What's so special about her?" He asked, trying to sound nonchalant but curiosity got the best of him.

"You like her too, no doubt." She accused.

"You think?"

"Yea," she replied, poking at the bridge of his long nose.
                       ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

[Two days later]~~
     Marco gazed at Gwen in admiration as she walked majestically towards him. He breathed heavily as a tingling of ecstasy surged through his whole body like an electrifying shock.

"You're beautiful." He commented her bluntly, staring at her sedately.

"Thank you," she blushed secretly.

It'll be great if you wear the red dress I bought for you. Sir Marco will be stunned at how beautiful you will look..... Gwen recalled Mel's words some days ago and smiled inwardly. Glad it worked.

"Are you okay?" Marco grasped her back to reality.

"Yes sir Marco." She answered and crossed her arm under his, while they both made their way to where the car was packed.
                           ▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫
    At the party, Marco and Gwen were seating at a presidential seat along with the governor and his wife.

    Marco noticed the way Gwen was twirling the bracelet on her wrist nervously. "What's wrong?" He whispered to her ear.

"Nothing sir Marco," she replied, without looking at his face. She felt a hand being clasped on her waistline slowly and she jolted but Marco leaned forward, nuzzling her neck with his breath. She started breathing shakily.