{EC} 13. Together

and you know we're on each other's team.

-l.

⚜ • ⚜ • ⚜ • ⚜

"Economic disparity." Coach Finstock spoke aloud, introducing the topic for today's class. I'm grateful that Aunt Marin fixed up my classes so that I'll be with at least one of my friends in each one. I was sitting comfortably in the front of Scott as Stiles was next to Scott, all of us listening to Mr. Finstock continue his lesson. At least, only two of us. Stiles was busy switching through a mess of papers situated on his desk. 

"It exists in all forms. Well, take sports, for example." He continued, now making his way through the aisle of students. "Some teams have better training facilities. Some have better equipment. Unlike Beacon Hills, that can barely afford the duct tape to keep our equipment together." Mr. Finstock exaggerated his last point by roughly tugging onto the pieces of duct tape, leaning down in front of me momentarily. I leaned backwards with widened eyes, looking down at the stick.

Coach then wandered over to Stiles' desk, landing a loud hit onto it. A humorous smile appeared onto my face as I watched Stiles pitch up, dropping a photo from his hand. 

"You know, Stilinski," He started, picking up one of the photos that were scattered over Stiles' desk. I then noticed that they were the pictures of Carrie's murder scene. "if I could grade you on how profoundly you disturb me, you'd be an A plus student."

Stiles then nodded shortly. "Thanks, coach."

"Put those photos away." Mr. Finstock instructed, hitting onto desk once more with the stick. As Coach went to pull it away, I watched in confusion as Stiles quickly yanked onto the stick. His eyes were on it intently, leaving me to also examine the piece of equipment. "Stilinski!" Coach exclaimed, tugging onto it.

Stiles didn't respond, but instead, he pulled off the rubber ending. Lo and behold, revealing an octagon-shaped ending.

"Oh my gosh." I whispered underneath my breath. I watched as Stiles firmly gripped onto the stick that Coach was trying to pull away, searching through the pictures. His eyes switched between the stick and the pictures as if he were comparing them.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Coach questioned, tugging onto the stick. "Don't answer that." He countered with an eyeroll, moving back to the front of the class.

I turned my body more to look back at Stiles in awe. "Stiles, you're a freakin' genius." I breathed out, my eyes switching between him and Scott. But Scott, he didn't really piece it together yet. Most likely because he didn't focus onto the markings that were on Cassie's body unlike Stiles and I.

"It's a lacrosse player." Stiles stiffly answered, looking between us.

A look of realization then washed over my boyfriend's face. "The killer's on the team." He said lowly as I nodded in confirmation.

I'm extremely happy that we found out such a crucial tip because there just happens to be a lacrosse game at the school tonight. My sight lingered onto the two guys a bit longer, soon turning to face the front again. My heart was thumping strongly as I realized that my boyfriend, who is the supernatural with the second highest bounty, will be on the field tonight. 

I started to ball my fist up slowly as I began to think of all of the possibilities. And to make matters worse, Kira recently joined the lacrosse team which brings the total up to 3- if we're considering Liam. We haven't seen Liam's name on the list, but there are still two other parts that we haven't unlocked.

Lacrosse is a sport that requires a whole lot of contact which means that something can happen in a blink of an eye if somebody was to get tackled. Because the killer is also a student, I'm pretty sure that they're aware of how close we all are and that my boyfriend is on the team. Meaning that the top two bounties on that list would be there tonight.